HELP: Best Bluetooth on a Double Din...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking for assistance with everyone's input on what they consider the best Double Din with the best Bluetooth is? What i mean is i want external mic where i can place up by rear controls. Also it needs to be really good where it doesnt pick up all the background noise or road noise. I want it to work good with my Android phone so i can play music through the unit as well with full control through head unit.

I have a 2002 Tahoe and have the double din mod done with a 2004 bezel but the current double din i have sucks at the bluetooth function and its all i really care about using anymore.

Anyone?

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**EDIT**
I just looked at your truck's year. Sorry.

I have an Advent OGM-1. It has Parrot Bluetooth and I LOVE it! No only for hands-free, but it also does A2DP (Bluetooth streaming of ANY audio from your phone) e.g. Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc...

It will also automatically integrate ALL of your factory components (Bose, OnStar, Chimes, Backup Sensors / Camera, XM) with no additional parts needed!

Here is the manufacturer's link to the product:
http://adventproducts.com/oemultimediasolutions/?sku=OGM1

Here's a video of the A2DP:
[yt]zVE2ZLiHgO4[/yt]

OP
OP
jdixon74

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
**EDIT**
I just looked at your truck's year. Sorry.

I have an Advent OGM-1. It has Parrot Bluetooth and I LOVE it! No only for hands-free, but it also does A2DP (Bluetooth streaming of ANY audio from your phone) e.g. Pandora, iHeartRadio, etc...

It will also automatically integrate ALL of your factory components (Bose, OnStar, Chimes, Backup Sensors / Camera, XM) with no additional parts needed!

Here is the manufacturer's link to the product:
http://adventproducts.com/oemultimediasolutions/?sku=OGM1

Here's a video of the A2DP:
[yt]zVE2ZLiHgO4[/yt]

Thats awesome and looks like a great UI that i would like... I didn't see prices, how much does one of those run?

Rosario Estrada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi my name is Rosario but mario for short. im new to the site but i got the alpine 910bt in my tahoe and its the best stereo yet. it has bluetooth ipod ready and full nav built in! you cant go wrong with it. It retails for 999.99 but i got a home boy i get my stuf from and i got mine for 900.00. ill try to post pic of ty hoe.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

i put some pic of the stereo and the mic and antenna for the nav! you cant go wrong and the sound quallity is superb!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdixon74

jdixon74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pioneer's are good.

How is the bluetooth in the pioneers? Its very important...

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

hi my name is Rosario but mario for short. im new to the site but i got the alpine 910bt in my tahoe and its the best stereo yet. it has bluetooth ipod ready and full nav built in! you cant go wrong with it. It retails for 999.99 but i got a home boy i get my stuf from and i got mine for 900.00. ill try to post pic of ty hoe.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

i put some pic of the stereo and the mic and antenna for the nav! you cant go wrong and the sound quallity is superb!

This sounds great... Would love to see the pics!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Clarion with BT, the mic is built in and streams audio. The UI is a little generic compared to others but the prices are a lot cheaper then others. Overall I am pretty happy with it.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is the bluetooth in the pioneers? Its very important...

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

This sounds great... Would love to see the pics!

I had a pioneer flagship nav/DD with built in BT audio/phone calls. BT music audio is awesome. Works real well and sounds good. Overall,I give the BT phone calls a 6/10. 5/5 on their voice coming out the speakers. 1/5 for microphone quality and reception. The person I am calling/talking to always tells me to take the off the BT mic bc they can't hear or understand me.

04gibbstahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have also had a pioneer head unit where the mic was quite picky about where it needed to be placed for best reception. After people saying they could not here me I found the sweet spot and no problems since.