Well, that Escaladed quickly!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea I wanted to do the z06 or cts-v calipers, but wasn't able to find anyone making brackets to work on the nnbs tahoe

Why not use the ones for the NBS and make them work? Fabricate fabricate!

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Yeah I have thought about doing yellow CTS-V brakes and have my brother design and machine the brackets.

Why not use the yellow z06 ones? They are 6 piston. I think the CTS are 4 piston.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That might be my only option. If there was an easier bolt on solution, it would encourage me to do this quicker. I know that the 2012 cts-c have 6 piston calipers, but i'm not sure if they are any different that the z06.

bigmiker21

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just do the fronts until you can afford the rears. We had that setup for a bit on the suburban.

I will do the fronts for now and get rears after some OT, but i need some 22's!! The BBK won't fit with the factory wheels on it. hint.. hint.. :D

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Why not use the yellow z06 ones? They are 6 piston. I think the CTS are 4 piston.

Actually the New CTS-V's are 6 piston in the front. They are just a tad different looking then the Z06's. But I can't find any Z06's in yellow. But I can find CTS-V's in yellow for about 100 more. If I can find cheaper Z06's then I will powder coat them. As for finding NBS brackets I can't find them anywhere. So I will just let my brother measure and make them. He is a mechincal engineer. If I go that route. I have to see what coast is and decide if it is just better to do wilwoods.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent right around $1500 on my Z06 brake setup. $300 of that was just the brackets. That should give you a good idea of where you'd be after it was all said and done. That was for all brand new parts. Labor was free, I did it myself.

I can tell you that the wilwood kit was ALOT better than the Z06 setup I had.

There was a guy on silveradoss.com who had a bunch of the brackets left. His username was Rudy.

Smokymance

Boosted
Reaction score
Actually the New CTS-V's are 6 piston in the front. They are just a tad different looking then the Z06's. But I can't find any Z06's in yellow. But I can find CTS-V's in yellow for about 100 more. If I can find cheaper Z06's then I will powder coat them. As for finding NBS brackets I can't find them anywhere. So I will just let my brother measure and make them. He is a mechincal engineer. If I go that route. I have to see what coast is and decide if it is just better to do wilwoods.

What do the vette calipers vs wilwoods cost? im liking all this info....im a brake ME :party36: too bad i didnt know abou this 4 years ago...i used to work on all the V brakes...

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

never mind...yeti answered that question as i was typing it!!!!!!! :drunk:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went back to the same spot to take some after pics after the slight additional rear drop to see if it shows the difference:

Before:

file_zps1b881c41.jpg

After:

file_zps897f0d20.jpg

Before:

file_zpsa33230ec.jpg

After:

file_zps41b4a51f.jpg

Before:

file_zpsd4e23e9a.jpg

After:

file_zpsdedcfc94.jpg

Before:

file_zps17d016ca.jpg

After:

file_zps93c5b23e.jpg

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can definitely see the difference.........you have my favorite ride on the TYF...Well Done!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesley e