Aiming headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you aim the headlights on an 05 denali? They were perfect before i put in different drls and then the y got messed up. it seems like the drivers side turns in when they are on, but they look perfectly aimed when the high beams are on. Any suggestions would be greatly apprectiated! :)

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure your bulb is seated correctly. Take the bulb out, make sure its seated, then make sure the plug itself is seated correctly. Also, make sure the pins that hold the housing are going through the brackets...sometimes I dont put the headlight in all the way and it misses one of the holes if Im in a hurry...ummm...other then that, I dont know :shrug: You can adjust it with a wrench/socket with that adjustment screw...but I dont see why that would get messed up...also, on the back of the light, make sure its tight (where the rubber square pieces are)...I had to tighten mine up because the bracket was loose which caused my headlight to wiggle left and right

Copper&Black

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they can only be aimed up and down, not side to side but I could be wrong...

yooformula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no there is an adjustment for side to side. 1 picture shows both of the adjustment screws and the other 2 pics are of the screws themselves. I think the screw next to the hood bumper is the one that adjusts the beam in/out.

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0138.jpg
    IMG_0138.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
OP
OP
BillBlatt18

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, i checked and everything is secure, nothing loose but i will try yooformula's idea when it gets dark out so i can see if it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925