Cloth to leather swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdtahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone swapped cloth to leather their self? I was thinking about attempting it myself and was wondering how difficult it was. I have removed seat cover before to replace seat heat elements which was not hard at all. I never had to mess with the map pockets though. I would like to use Katzkin, but due to price I was think about these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lots of folks have done it, but there are installers out there if you would rather pay someone to do it for ya.

vp83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished my swap on Saturday. It wasnt as hard as I thought it would be, but it wasnt a walk in the park either. It took me about a day and half to complete.

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems like a good price.....I have seen OEM covers for just 1 seat for that much.

I like in the ad how he states:

"usually the factory doesn’t install the leather"......lol

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could probably do it with a few beers and a few grunts. If not then pay someone it probably wouldnt cost that much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cervantesjesus174