Billsteins With DJM Arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M Hankel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running Billstein shocks with the DJM lowering arms? If so, got a part number for them? Always had great luck with Billstein shocks and I like the way they ride.

A part number for a front Belltech shock used with a DJM arm would be a good place to start if anyone can supply the part number for those.

Thanks,

Mike

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Belltech Street Performance shock part# is 10103B. If you find out please post back. I tried searching a long time ago for some alternative shocks and couldn't find anything, but I didn't have this part number either.

Last edited:

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The are for:
1987-96 Ford F-150 2WD Standard & Extended Cabs (2"-5" drop)
1987-98 Ford F-250/F-350 2WD All cabs, Dually only (1"-3" drop)

14 in. extended length
9.5 in. collapsed length

Mike, I'll do some research and text you w/ what I find.

This would be the first one I try, BE5-2902-H0:

http://www.allshocks.com/productimages/BE5-2902.jpg

Those will not work. They are for a coil spring arm.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The are for:
1987-96 Ford F-150 2WD Standard & Extended Cabs (2"-5" drop)
1987-98 Ford F-250/F-350 2WD All cabs, Dually only (1"-3" drop)

14 in. extended length
9.5 in. collapsed length

Those will not work. They are for a coil spring arm.

Interesting, shows for a 99-06 Silverado/Sierra as well. I understand the coil spring mount, that is why I chose that shock. I believe the Belltech is also for a coil spring type mount that has the crossbar removed. I'm calling Bilstein tomorrow to get their thoughts as well.

Edit: MeanGreen, are you saying the belltech shocks used with the DJM arms are originally intended for a Ford application?

Edit x2: I see what you did there. Assuming that info is correct, I would use this shock, BE5-2478-H0:

http://www.allshocks.com/productimages/BE5-2478.jpg

Last edited:

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are probably your best bet, for Bilstein anyway:

p/n 24-021722
Collapsed Length: 10.06 in
Extended Length: 14.55 in

OR

p/n 24-022361
Collapsed Length: 10.02 in
Extended Length: 14.72 in

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I knew with 2 heads we'd be able to work something out :Handshake:

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, shows for a 99-06 Silverado/Sierra as well. I understand the coil spring mount, that is why I chose that shock. I believe the Belltech is also for a coil spring type mount that has the crossbar removed. I'm calling Bilstein tomorrow to get their thoughts as well.

Edit: MeanGreen, are you saying the belltech shocks used with the DJM arms are originally intended for a Ford application?

Edit x2: I see what you did there. Assuming that info is correct, I would use this shock, BE5-2478-H0:

http://www.allshocks.com/productimages/BE5-2478.jpg

Those won't work either due to the same reason. haha.... The bottom mount needs to be an eye, not a bar as what you have posted or a clevis as what is for the stock arms. Yes, the shocks are inteded for a Ford application. Due to the mounts on the DJM arms the Ford shocks are what will work. Belltech doesn't advertise them as such though, probably due to DJM being aftermarket.

Last edited:

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those won't work either due to the same reason. haha.... The bottom mount needs to be an eye, not a bar as what you have posted or a clevis as what is for the stock arms. Yes, the shocks are inteded for a Ford application. Due to the mounts on the DJM arms the Ford shocks are what will work.

You are correct about the bar vs eye. The reason I made my suggestions is that the bar can be pressed out with no trouble, thus creating the eyelet needed to fit the arm.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I knew with 2 heads we'd be able to work something out :Handshake:

Yes, indeed!!

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

You are correct about the bar vs eye. The reason I made my suggestions is that the bar can be pressed out with no trouble, thus creating the eyelet needed to fit the arm.

Touche...I did try that with my current shocks (Belltech NItro 2) but they weren't able to be pressed out. Needless to say they suck! I swear it rides the same without front shocks as it does with front shocks! LOL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts