6x9's in the Rear CHEAP ALTERNATIVE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may know I had a leak I've been battling with. Finally got it fixed over a month ago. The Hoe is still aprt till the end of this week.

As I was re-assembling her today I came across...

First and Foremost this is just some food for thought. IT WILL WORK. I won;t be doing it anytime soon. I want some go fast mods...electronics will come later.

Another member here on the board has custom made Speaker Pods for the
which is great. Nice custom look...but it too tacky and big for me. Look in the rear and see these two big pods hanging down...yuck. Not smooth to me at all.

Anyway...

If you drop your headliner (you won;t need too) I did for cleaning purposes and realised that there is a metal plate from the headliner to the actual roof of the Hoe. The hole can be widened to accomodate the bigger speaker. Just drill screws in for it to bolt up. Then recover it with the stock grill to retain the stock interior lines.

System still has some more voice n boom to it.

Yes you can argue to the firing position from pod vs stock. But still saves you a couple of bucks.

:hands:

black95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has the rear roof speaker plates cut with 6x9's in it ,sounds good definately recommended

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my truck has the rear roof speaker plates cut with 6x9's in it ,sounds good definately recommended

HEY CUZ!

I am back home...when we meeting up for a photoshoot.

Say we detail the whips...take pics...shoot the shit AND GET FRONT COVER!

631-707-0797

inkadink

Reaction score
This is great to know foreverfalcon40 and black95. I have been kicking the idea around of getting some better speakers in the way back of our trucks and I would love some great sounding 6x9's. The sound of them mounted back there was a big concern and it is nice to hear your post that they sounds better. I am still wondering what 6x9's in pods sound like back there too but I have not been represented with any good information.

Either way,,, I agree anything better than stock sound in the rear is a big plus+ ;) Thanks!

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great to know foreverfalcon40 and black95. I have been kicking the idea around of getting some better speakers in the way back of our trucks and I would love some great sounding 6x9's. The sound of them mounted back there was a big concern and it is nice to hear your post that they sounds better. I am still wondering what 6x9's in pods sound like back there too but I have not been represented with any good information.

Either way,,, I agree anything better than stock sound in the rear is a big plus+ ;) Thanks!

Like I said...another member on here makes custom fiberglass speaker pods that bolt into the stock speaker location. IMO I think it looks out of place with them sticking out. Thats why I never jumped on it. I feel that this is cheaper (save the cost of the pods and put it toward 6x9's) and retain the smooth headliner look in the back.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
we've made pods that dont stick out as far. mine just do for sq. just fyi. 90% of the time they only stick out far enough to accommodate the magnet.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Lol, I did this. I was able to just take off the rear speaker covers in the ceiling. Get a wrench up there. Take off the bracket, Dremel it to size of a 6x9. Then install . Done. Simple. And hidden like i wanted.

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I did this. I was able to just take off the rear speaker covers in the ceiling. Get a wrench up there. Take off the bracket, Dremel it to size of a 6x9. Then install . Done. Simple. And hidden like i wanted.

I never lead you wrong babe :Handshake:

I acutally attempted to paint my carpet. I test trailed it on a carpet rug. Came out good but the hairs are just to stiff for my liking (6 coats). I ordered SEM Deye.

Another write-up another day...

OP
OP
foreverfalcon40

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mines a 99...my buddy has a 98

Your good with Fab work...make your own. Go to a junkyard and do some pulling of the headliner and rear plates. Or get the rear plates and cut out the headliner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925

Latest posts