DIY: High Flow Stock Airbox (Swiss Cheese Mod)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kc take ur box out and post up somepics
its cleanly done

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
my bad I didn't cut the huge holes out clean95 did :)
I might tomorrow, people want some better pictures of my tails so I'll have my camera out

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
i am doing this mod right now, well my version of it i am taking pics, i cut a large hole in the bottom of the box and underneath the box is a plate that it attaches too, it is going to my neighbour's welding shop tomorrow to have a hole cut in it so i can get the air inducted right up from infront of the wheel well i will also be hot glueing a screen for added protection before the filter

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
ok so i did mine and i can not express enough how impressed i was with the improvement
heres some pics of what i did

so when i removed the airbox as shown above i saw the plate it sits on can be removed

projects001.jpg

so i did to see what was underneath and its a perfect spot for air to shoot up

projects0032.jpg

so i removed the plate and decided to cut a hole in it

projects002-1.jpg

i then cut hole in the bottom of the airbox

projects010.jpg

to keep any debris from getting in i then took some screen cut it to size and staple gunned and hot glued it on

projects006.jpg

now that it is done just replace and go for a drive and notice the extra get up and go

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Yeah, this is great...I'll probably give this a try as well. And I can "stealth-project" this around my wife...lol. No money involved, just a few minutes to change the filter....nudge, nudge, wink, wink....

As long as I'm in there, what's the best way to clean the MAF? Never done that before.

highrollin113

Undercover
Reaction score
not sure myself i was thinking of doing this aswell i hear only use special maf cleanerhow do you know if its dirty? i inspected mine visually and it looked clean, while you are taking the intake off its a god time to clean tb too i did and couldnt believe how much crap was in there

im thinking of adding to the bottom of the plate and making an induction tube and running it to the bottom some how to force air in

WhoDatPanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would this mess up the hoe or kon at all ? are you seeing big gains highrollin? i might want to do this but needs some answers first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts