Anyone know how to program the remotes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be done with a GM scantool or can i program it with a a few/several cycles of the key like in fords?

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
this is My secound Cheby I have always had Fords, and I do not belive so I had a handheld tunner and now I have a HP tune. what are You trying to do exectly?

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive.

1. Close all vehicle doors.

2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold
down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the
engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock
the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until
the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing
transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming
mode.

OP
OP
ThwopKing

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks RedHoe..i found that online but i couldnt find what years/models it was for..but thanks again and ill try it here in a lil bit and let ya know how it works.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this didnt work for me but i could have either a bad fob or something wrong with my module itself.......

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To add to the instructions, you have to make sure that the remote numbers on the back of the remote are the correct numbers. If you have the original one w/ the car, then just double check the numbers are same. Cant think of what they say right now, think like model number, or fic.. something. If its not correct, it wont work w/ your application. I know b/c i had to do it to my tahoe when i got it, and had the wrong numbers, got the right ones, did those instructions and worked like a charm. Also, just to make sure, make sure you have good battery in the remote.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome advice guys! This should definitely be a sticky!

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To add to the instructions, you have to make sure that the remote numbers on the back of the remote are the correct numbers. If you have the original one w/ the car, then just double check the numbers are same. Cant think of what they say right now, think like model number, or fic.. something. If its not correct, it wont work w/ your application. I know b/c i had to do it to my tahoe when i got it, and had the wrong numbers, got the right ones, did those instructions and worked like a charm. Also, just to make sure, make sure you have good battery in the remote.

i have the correct fob and as soon as i had bought the vehicle i threw a new battery in the fob.... so who knows:emotions122:... i will be goin to a viper anyway

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thumber, dont know why yours isnt working. Like you stated earlier, you might have a bad module or something. But if you are going to a viper, then no big deal. You wont need it. I dont use mine anymore, only the viper remote..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus