DoneDeal's DIY "Desert Tan" Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took a couple shots today with the grill mounted and rear window cleaned up mostly.

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

I think the next project will be to treat the frame and wheel wells with POR-15 and paint, which will be nice to do before installing the new wheel and tire package.

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks pretty good, but i cant stop looking at the cool background you live right next to. lol

Dazrin

Reaction score
I really like the look of that!

The only thing I wonder about is what the grill logo would look like if it matched the body. Right now it gets lost and kinda looks like a black blob in the middle of the grill, at least in the pictures.

OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the look of that!

The only thing I wonder about is what the grill logo would look like if it matched the body. Right now it gets lost and kinda looks like a black blob in the middle of the grill, at least in the pictures.

I thought about painting the logo tan but in the end just wanted it to look low key which is why I painted it black along with the fact that with the new wheels I'll be getting I need more black accents to match. Pictures make it seem darker and less viewable than it is in person. Not to say that I won't revisit the idea in the future because I've seen it done in other colors and it looks great, but for now I really like it all black.

Thanks for all of the comments guys.

Here's a few I took closer to sun down last night. The pictures in the daylight always come out a bit lighter than it is in person. I suppose I could just adjust the exposure but oh well.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

Dazrin

Reaction score
I thought about painting the logo tan but in the end just wanted it to look low key which is why I painted it black along with the fact that with the new wheels I'll be getting I need more black accents to match. Pictures make it seem darker and less viewable than it is in person. Not to say that I won't revisit the idea in the future because I've seen it done in other colors and it looks great, but for now I really like it all black.

Makes sense to me. Pictures don't do things justice most of the time, so I was wondering about that. It does look great as is.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good still, sun up or down. lol.

Surely isnt going in the garage. lol

Ceejkay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your gonna do black rims i think black tail light and headlight/turn signal covers would tie everything in.. just my 2 cents

also IT LOOKS GREAT, but i dont know how big of a stickler you are, but your front bumper needs adjustment..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Done Deal DR

Done Deal DR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good still, sun up or down. lol.

Surely isnt going in the garage. lol

It does fit in the garage, barely height wise. It looks like it should still fit with 35's as well. I only put it in there when I'm going to work on it though.

if your gonna do black rims i think black tail light and headlight/turn signal covers would tie everything in.. just my 2 cents

also IT LOOKS GREAT, but i dont know how big of a stickler you are, but your front bumper needs adjustment..

Not personally a fan of tinted headlight/taillight's or covers at all, I also can't afford to reduce the headlight output any as it's already terrible. No problem, we all have different tastes.

You know, I have noticed the front bumper seems to angle upwards a bit, and I also think visually it's exacerbated by the fact that I don't run the plastic piece between the grill and bumper and don't have any plans to. I'm not sure how I could go about adjusting it though, luckily I'm not a big stickler though, it's not a show truck by any means. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kraemer875

Latest posts