First legit LED fog replacement for Tahoe Yukon (maybe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow that's allot of requests.

First let me say thank you for making this thread come back to life.

What do you think of them?

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can you see if you can get a hot chick to pose in one of the pics? thanks.

Kenric

Reaction score
Night Shots-1

Sorry to those that wanted night shots of old and new. Maybe some other time.

I just wanted to get everything buttoned up.

This is a shot of the pattern.

My impression overall is that yes, they are whiter, very noticeably so. But not really brighter. But then they were not supposed to be. Pattern seems the same.

Attachments

• photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 118
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell cause the pic is slightly overexposed ... but they seem much brighter than I remember my Denali fogs being.

Kenric

Reaction score
Night Shots-3

Beam pattern.

Just like the originals, when you turn them off and on when driving you really only notice the difference off to the sides.

Helps illuminate the sides of the road, which is all I ever use these for, driving at night looking for deer in the ditches. Helps when you can't run high beams. Although I will have to figure out how to get them to come on when the high beams are on.

They would match HIDs very well I think and I look forward to getting a nice set of quality projectors installed. So, I am glad I bought them.

Quality seems good. Very solid. The only complaint I would have is that the connector they give you to plug into the lighting harness fits, but will not install far enough to latch. The two connectors come together nicely, with a good weather tight seal but are a few mm short of going far enough to latch properly. Not hard to get around but thought I would mention it.

You have to pin your own connector, I suppose so you can flip polarity if you need to. In my case the LEDs are wire red (pos) and black (neg) and the lighting harness is purple (pos) and black (neg). Just insert the terminals so they will line up Red to Purple and Black to Black, and they will work. Also, remember when you insert the terminals into the connector housing to put then in the right direction so they will lock in. In this case the indents on the sides of the terminals where the plastic catch holds them should be facing inboard (towards each other).

Attachments

• photo-6.jpg
    photo-6.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 88

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely look brighter due to the color temp change...

Thank you for posting.

Kenric

Reaction score
Yeah, hard to properly expose when you are shooting light in darkness. Everything is relative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaintMiles

Latest posts