How to install E-Fans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vonneffdobermans

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, mine is the older style. with the barn doors on back. Its still in the truck up there. did not know if I was to go up there and take it out, if there was a way to determine if it will fit in there. Like a measurement for the bolt holes, etc... or if it will fit on the radiator support on bottom the same?? Since it wasnt a tahoe, yukon, suburban, etc.. and was in the 06 chevy pickup, if there was a way to tell... It looks as its in great shape, no damage. and if it does not work, I can get my money back, even if it doesnt fit, they will giove money back. Just dont wanna have to go thru all the work for nothing, then have to put it all back together again.. lol...

If you know anything that may help, please let meknow. Cause I dont wanna wait too long and have it gone...

Thanks for the help so far, and hopr to get this goin soon..

Spikey

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
Can anyone side which is better dorman or flexalite?! im assuming only thing different is the price tag but before i buy id like to know

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Dorman 620654, its dual 7 blade fans for the NNBS trucks and costs $140. Also there not extremely loud to me. Remember only one fan comes on High at a time and when both are on there on Low only.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dorman 620653 and 620654 fans in 01 tahoe

so either of these two fans, dorman 620653,620654 will work in my 01 tahoe with the factor fan wiring off of a 05/06 chevy?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes both of those Dorman Part # will work on the larger radiators (34"). The factory harness (05/06) will not work on 00-03s. You need the harness from blackbear, nelson, ls1fans, or make your own. Then you will need the PCM flashed to activate the fans.

Last edited:

Bennie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone side which is better dorman or flexalite?! im assuming only thing different is the price tag but before i buy id like to know

Can't speak to the Flexalite fans but the Dorman fans are top notch. Looks totally OEM, perfect fit and run much quieter than the stock belt drive fan. Best mod ever! (I'm running the Blackbear harness) I'd buy them again in a second.

candyman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also like to know that. I'm getting ready to jump on the e-fan bandwagon.

i got the 620654 from rock auto for like 140 and a black bear wiring harness and under drive pulley ,which is a must and it works great. went to home depo and got 2 bolts to mount it and zip tied the harness to the power steering hose. i wish i would have done this along time ago.

mikewayne

Reaction score
Instead of being driven by a belt attached to the engine, it runs off one or more separate electric motors, so it doesn't drain off horsepower. Other claimed benefits include less wear on the water pump, reduced fan noise, improved A/C output, better gas mileage, and improved cooling. An electric fan, however, operates off a temperature sensor, so it kicks on when needed, and automatically runs faster when the temperature rises.

03Dnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes both of those Dorman Part # will work on the larger radiators (34"). The factory harness (05/06) will not work on 00-03s. You need the harness from blackbear, nelson, ls1fans, or make your own. Then you will need the PCM flashed to activate the fans.

Exactly why I havn't done this Mod yet. Sound like alot of work... Where the hell do you get the PCM Flashed?...:think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan