My weekend Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Finally had time to do my mods hope u guys like the pics

painted my calipers red Rotors black
DSCN23361.jpg

Cleaning the rotors
DSCN23341.jpg

Freshly painted
DSCN23381.jpg

and what it looks like with wheels on
DSCN23401.jpg

DSCN23391.jpg

and finally got around and installed my steering stabilizers. This thing was definitely worth the upgrade, now i don't feel all the imperfections on the road, I'm quite impressed with the ride quality now..

DSCN23421.jpg

DSCN23411.jpg

ran out of time to do the back. but this will get done next week

Big ups to my boy for helping me (Psychorado)

hahha him taken a picture of me

DSCN23331.jpg

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I have the same mod planned to do this summer. Sweet. :)

OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Looks good, I have the same mod planned to do this summer. Sweet. :)

Do it well worth it, i had to take the rotors apart to paint my McGaughy's spindles cause they were getting rusted out.. so a little time consuming but well worth it imo..

Looks clean. Where did you get the stabilizer?
Thanks I got them from here http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?catalog=63&partnum=SS15326&a=FR63-SS15326

Can you post a full picture of your truck with the red calipers? Good work bro!

I will as soon as i get the back painted and it stops raining here.. thanks Amigo. :Handshake:

x2 on the pic. Looks good man, also how did you do the steering stabilizer?

All that needs to be "modified" is to drill a couple holes in the frame where one of the brackets mount. The other end uses the u-bolt to attach to the centerlink.. Make sure the wheels are straight, mount the u-bolt/bracket to the centerlink but don't tighten the bolts all they way. Set it so that the shock shaft is about halfway out, then tighten the bolts. Turn the wheel all the way lock to lock while someone is checking to make sure the dampener shaft isn't pushing or pulling the cylinder when it's in full lock to lock positions

I just drove today to work and i notice a big difference im quite impressed on what this little damper shock could do...

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
Did you take them off and paint them or leave them on and brush the paint on? What product did you use?

Looks nice. I love white with hints of red

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good work bro. They look really clean. Some people don't realize how much dirty/rusty calipers/rotors take away from the looks of big wheels.. Keep it up!!!

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sweet! I'm about to paint my calipers white. X2 on the did you remove them to paint or just paint them on the truck?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Travieso

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
:)

Did you take them off and paint them or leave them on and brush the paint on? What product did you use? Looks nice. I love white with hints of red

I completely removed the OEM Black Paint, I used a wire brushed with a drill made sure their wasn't any black paint on the calipers, I used break cleaner one can on each side, lol sprayed on the red
duplicolor caliper paint this is the cans that i used .. about 3-4 coats on each side

caliper-paint.jpg

Good work bro. They look really clean. Some people don't realize how much dirty/rusty calipers/rotors take away from the looks of big wheels.. Keep it up!!!

Yes sir Thanks bro

Looks sweet! I'm about to paint my calipers white. X2 on the did you remove them to paint or just paint them on the truck?

I completely removed the calipers from the rotors..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52

Latest posts