Installed heim tie rods today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my hands on some heim tie rods to replace the stockers. I def. felt a HUGE difference in handling and response.

3/4" chromoly teflon lined heims. The rods are 1" DOM and the studs are grade 8. Bracket for the centerlink is made from 1/4" and once the zerk fitting is removed from the centerlink a bracket and bolt goes in there to help prevent the unit from rotating.

6b28e2ca.jpg

33ef5c32.jpg

Cameron

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you like them Cameron. I'm real happy that it ended up working out for you. They feel GREAT on your truck.

For those that might like some more info, we have a thread over on GMFS

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193139

We've really only focussed making things for the pickups, but as we found out with Cameron's Tahoe, some stuff will swap over, and this happens to be one of the things. We do all sorts of different in house stuff as well.

MeanGreen03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can these be flipped beneath the spindle so on lowered vehicles it will be parallel to the ground?

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the taper of the pin needed for the spindle I think you'd need to modify the spindle to make it work....you'd need a different pin too.

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can these be flipped beneath the spindle so on lowered vehicles it will be parallel to the ground?

No due to the taper of the spindle.

We might make a bracket that similar to our drop brackets for lifted vehicles but reverse so it's a lift bracket for lowered vehicles. This in return would allow a better angle. Right now it's actually not that bad.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
curious to see how these heim joints are holding up. I'm getting ready to tear my front end apart and am considering these. just wanted to hear 1st hand how you liked them and if they are worth the coin.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Those are SWEET! They look alot like cognitos HD tie rods

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Im a member over on GMFS but for some reason i cant see the thread. How much are these? I need to upgrade my whole front end. About 99% of the stuff on a 99-06 silvy will work on our tahoes. The front ends are nearly identical.

OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are holding up just fine. I busted a sway bar end link last week so I took time for a once over on everything. They are just fine. Still very happy with them and have had zero issues or concerns. I've pounded my Tahoe around some serious corners & windy roads pretty often lately & nothing has phased them.

Cameron

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I tried to view the thread over there too & I can't. I think I paid $220 for the setup. Mike has brackets for lowered, lifted, or stock setups...should be no problem getting them on your rig...

Doomsta510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hrmm wonder if they have a set for the 2wd hoe's, last time I emailed him they didn't have a set for 2wd only 4wd.. I should email him back, I really want a set.