Pinout Needed 99 4 Door 4x4 ECU/PCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need the pin out to the ECU/PCM so I can trouble shoot some problems including B1S1 O2 getting stuck at .449 volts and not moving, pinouts for the electric fan control from the PCM, and to try to figure out this damned fuel gauge vibrating needle thing.

Any readable schematic would be great.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
You mean these?

78515316.gif
78515329.gif
78515340.gif

78515346.gif

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Are you saying the scanner shows a lack of o2 sensor activity and it just reads .449 all the time? Or is the reading an average reading not being specified as such. The computer is supposed to be able to tell from a lack of up/down activity and throw a code at you. You may not have any choice but to send the I/P cluster in for repairs to replace that fuel gauge.

OP
OP
gpracer1

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you saying the scanner shows a lack of o2 sensor activity and it just reads .449 all the time? Or is the reading an average reading not being specified as such. The computer is supposed to be able to tell from a lack of up/down activity and throw a code at you. You may not have any choice but to send the I/P cluster in for repairs to replace that fuel gauge.

The O2 reads fine, then just freezes at .449
Yesterday it threw a code p0134
450 mV is baseline voltage, so I am guessing at a bad wire, pin in the connector (at O2 or PCM) or bad PCM.

It happened a few years ago when my dad owned the truck and I could make it read normal by grabbing the O2 wiring harness and tugging on it......just sucks because it is burried in the back of the motor. I am going to check to make sure the pins are not spread in the connector.

As for the fuel gauge, I am going to check the 5 volt reference to make sure its good and see if there is any ac voltage present like interference or something.

Thanks a bunch for the pinouts!!

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

You happen to know which pins get turned on for efan control and which is which and what connector?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Your talking AC ripple. So far I don't think anybody hear with the buzzer has found evidence of ac ripple yet just a screwed up gauge.

The only e fan that was used on I think on heavy duty cooling systems. the 99 pcm had an electric booster fan output from the factory. Black bear tuning has a way to activate and reprogram that pin( or it may have been one of the unused ones that was) to get an electric fan for primary cooling. Is that what you were looking in to. the factory booster fan active pin #9 c4.

OP
OP
gpracer1

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your talking AC ripple. So far I don't think anybody hear with the buzzer has found evidence of ac ripple yet just a screwed up gauge.

The only e fan that was used on I think on heavy duty cooling systems. the 99 pcm had an electric booster fan output from the factory. Black bear tuning has a way to activate and reprogram that pin( or it may have been one of the unused ones that was) to get an electric fan for primary cooling. Is that what you were looking in to. the factory booster fan active pin #9 c4.

Yeah, pin 9 is for an aux fan.

I have 05 Escalade fans I want to add, but I need two pins pins to activate, one for high and one for low speed. I will then tune with HPtuners that I am going to buy next week. I just want to make sure it can be done. I need to know which pins can be activated and if HPtuners can control them in their tune.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Use BB Tuning instead (won't regret it)and they can get you the harness as well.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

could also get a fan controller from flexilite or Painless performance(just announced).

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Both are variable speed with overrides available.

OP
OP
gpracer1

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After about 5 hours of research, it appears that the 0411 swap is the only way to go. Of course then I have to buy EFI live to get fan controls. Not to mention I would need the pin conversion schematic from somewhere for the 4 to 2 connector setup.

chv

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
where is the pin for rpm ? i need to tap a rpm signal wire from my tunner to a98 tahoe ecu anybody got any idear?
tachometer______crankshaft sensor
thanks sunlitcomt

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colton