Removed my Magnaflow today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vserduchka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought a Magnaflow 13259xl and everything was fine for the first 100 miles or so.

Once the thing was broken in, it produced a horrible drone in the cabin at 2k rpm on the highway.

Had it replaced at a local muffler shop and I couldn't be happier- it's quieter than stock!

Point is, make sure that a muffler is something you REALLY want before pulling the trigger. It cost me almost $300 to learn that lesson.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Wait did I read wrong or did you say you like it quiet? I guess you wouldn't like my hoe then. Straight exaust cats back project:)

M3PO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the thing was broken in, it produced a horrible drone in the cabin at 2k rpm on the highway.

Had it replaced at a local muffler shop and I couldn't be happier- it's quieter than stock!

I must be getting old too, my stock exhaust sounds good; OUTSIDE, I don't want to hear/feel it in the cabin. To each their own, I know there are many that want everyone to hear them coming, and that is fine too, just not for me.

vwbeaner

Reaction score
as i've got older i've realized loud exhaust is more of a pain.

OP
OP
V

vserduchka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you replace it with?

I had a local muffler shop replace it with something that was the same size as the old muffler.

I'll tell you what, it feels great to be able to hear myself think again.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk