35" tire mounted inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who has done it? Got a picture and can you tell me how you did. No I have not tried yet but my spare tire is on the way and I need to figure a mounting system up for both trucks.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I'm definately gonna keep an eye on this thread...... I got 35's also, and have no idea where/how I would mount my spare. Hate to give up any interior room w/my 2DR.

Popeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would it not look kewl on the roof, have not seen it done on Tahoe's. I have seen this method used on the older Jeep Cherokees where they opt to mount on a roof rack.

KEP_1911

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was thinking about that too i think a swing gate rear bumper would be the
best way to save room inside but they are not cheap lol

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
The roof does seem like the best option, but I'm not sure about puttin' the extra weight(35's) on top of a lifted 2dr Hoe. Maybe too top heavy?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did that its actually pretty stable I just used some bunnies cords

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a short guy by any means (6'3") but trying to get a 85lbs+ tire off my roof....not going to happen. It is hard enough to climb up there to clean the roof. It will fit in the back no problem. I am more curious if anyone has modified the existing tire holder in there to accept a 35.

Regardless, I'll be tackling this starting in a week or so.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mudder trucker had a 38" mounted on the roof of his 4 door. I think it would be ideal to put a 35" on the roof of a 2 door. Add a roof rack. You got the look.

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I perfer to keep it inside. For one, less chance to get stolen. It is $500 sitting on the roof. Inside keeps it in good condition too. It's just easier to get it out of the back than the roof. I know I can modify the rack in there for free rather than getting a roof rack and throwing more money into an easy problem

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I perfer to keep it inside. For one, less chance to get stolen. It is $500 sitting on the roof. Inside keeps it in good condition too. It's just easier to get it out of the back than the roof. I know I can modify the rack in there for free rather than getting a roof rack and throwing more money into an easy problem

I've got that same thinkin about keepin it inside....shifty charactors be about!!

I'm thinking of just laying it centered in the back close behind the back seat, and maybe doing some kind of floor hold down bolt setup(yea, custom). I can pile all my stuff around/in the spare itself.
I think I might even still be able to fit my golf clubs....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate