a few pics of HIDs and LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

btuckz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i finally put my lights in, i ordered 5000k hids for headlights and fog lights but i believe the fogs actually are 4300k but ima leave it for the moment, and got leds for the license plate,drl, and reverse lights.. sorry about the glare but they really do look great otherwise.. enjoy

picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
Very nice man...this is the next thing to do on my list, how long did it take you to get all the lights installed?

OP
OP
btuckz71

btuckz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice man...this is the next thing to do on my list, how long did it take you to get all the lights installed?

thanks man!, it didnt take long at all, if u have a free hour in a day that would be all u would need . im kinda mechanically inclined and it was pretty simple for me to do.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate to be that guy ... but you do realize that that's what oncoming traffic sees?

This is what happens when you put HID bulbs in reflector housings.

But as long as you're happy I guess.

OP
OP
btuckz71

btuckz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to be that guy ... but you do realize that that's what oncoming traffic sees?

This is what happens when you put HID bulbs in reflector housings.

But as long as you're happy I guess.

hahah i kno right but hey i can see great and thats all that matters, i did aim them a little lower just so they wouldnt be directly in peoples rear view, unless there in a little car which there aint nuttin i can do bout that lol, that pic does make em look a lil worse than the really r tho

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Looks good.
Do the reverse LED's give off enough light?

Autbond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures always make those HIDs look way worse than they actually are. I have HID low beams and fogs as well and have never been brighted. The Z71 fogs are worse about the glare than all others though.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have HID low beams and fogs as well and have never been brighted.

Austin, having glare as a result of installing bulbs in housings they were never designed for isn't the same as driving around with high beams on. It is a flawed argument akin to saying "I didn't ****** anyone, I just scream profanities in church" ... Whereas the latter isn't illegal, it is certainly obnoxious and rude.

Let me ask you this ... if it was as simple as swapping bulbs do you think car manufacturers would go through the time and effort to create proper projectors for said bulbs? Wouldn't it just be easier to just slap another bulb in a reflector housing and call it a day?

Hid bulbs in reflector housings are not DOT approved because they fail to meet lighting standards, both for the vehicle they're on and for other traffic. There's no getting around it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddha76