Driver Side Window Grinding Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When rolling my drivers side window up or down, it sounds as there was sand in the window track based on the grinding noise.

When the window is all the way down and one hits a bump or badly worn pavement, there is a lot of rattle going on.

The window operates just fine and there are no other issues.

WHAT COULD IT BE?

Thanks in advance.

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was grinding too and turned out to be the regulator wires were frayed. Your situation may be similar. But if the window is loose, I'd check the mounting clamps. Take the door panel off and inspect the clamps that hold the window to the regulator. They use a bolt to tighten them to the window and have rubber pads in between to protect the glass. If the clamps are tight and okay, might want to inspect the wires on the regulator to make sure they're not frayed.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the regulator!! Take the door panel off and take a good look at all the cabling and window clamps real good like chauncey mentioned!

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good cable

[/
Lessons_Learned-Wires_Broken_Strands.jpg

Frayed cable

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
It's the sound of death I tell ya both my passenger then drivers cables went in less then 5 months of each other

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the sound of death I tell ya both my passenger then drivers cables went in less then 5 months of each other

Yep, that's exactly how mine died as well!! The sound is them screaming right before their life was cut tragically short!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia