What might I be up to?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ditching the storage tray.. dropping AC controls down and integrating 2nd display into the dash so its not sitting on top....

OP
OP
noJeepshere

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ditching the storage tray.. dropping AC controls down and integrating 2nd display into the dash so its not sitting on top....

I use the cubby too much to lose it. And the GPS on top of the dash will go away one day, when I spring for the GPS in the headunit. The Pioneer dubdin unit I got is GPS ready, but the unit to make it work is expensive, and I have a GPS already so...

OP
OP
noJeepshere

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the headunit mounted up, hacked an install kit from wal-mart to make it work with the factory slides/clips using some nuts and longer screws.

DSCN1829.jpg

It sits a little lower than I intended, (the base of the radio sits on the A/C controls) but overall I'm happy with it.

DSCN1828.jpg

Got the dash cut to fit around it, now I just need to get some putty and cut up the junkyard dash I used as a mockup to fill in the gaps. Then paint.

DSCN1832.jpg

OP
OP
noJeepshere

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That'll be a bit, I'm organizing to move in a few weeks and it is currently on the back burner.

This headunit makes my stock speakers so much nicer!! I used to get decent bass out of the stock radio, but would make the speakers "flutter" (I guess that's the right term) if I pushed it too loud. This allows me to hit it higher without distortion and is richer, while the treble tones are nice and clear. Still need a sub though, nothing too fancy, couple hundred watts with an amp is all I need. Not an audiophile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK