ABS Light and Brake Light 01 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterhoff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2001 LT Tahoe .Ever since I bought the truck the ABS and Brake Light have been on . It has plenty of Brake fluid and stops fine when its dry. The ABS do not work . I was wondering if anyone might know what this is ? I was told it could be ABS sensor on one of the tires or where do I need to look to find these sensors .....I bought the truck from Salt Country....

Thanks

Xav8r

Reaction score
Search function will turn up issues with the ECBM along with an ebay company that will rework it for you ...

On mine, same year etc, my local shop cleared the codes and verified operation of the pumps and ECBM. Said that there were a few codes for front right wheel speed sensor.

Hope that helps.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
same with My 2001 I replaced the left front wheel speed sensor and the ABS computer and the ABS Pump douhickey that are on the inside of the driverside frame rail.

SeanEboy

Reaction score
Chances are it will be the "brain", as that is what is going on with my '99. They go after awhile apparently... Find a used one, as they're a lot more expensive new.

CEN2MENTAL95

Banned
Reaction score
Chances are it will be the "brain", as that is what is going on with my '99. They go after awhile apparently... Find a used one, as they're a lot more expensive new.

we tried 3 used ones on my 01...problem is, most of the used ones are bad or go bad relatively quickly

best to buy new

"pay for the best and cry once!"

PwtrSS_OakCliff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same with mine... Its the main module thats right under the drive seat on the outside under the truck.. It has about brake lines coming and going out of it. Driving it like this will NOT damage anything to your truck.. The only bad thing about it is that you will NOT have ABS!!!!. Its expensive but my local junk parts here sale it for about $80-$100. BTW if you hook it up to a scan tool for ob2 it will not pick it up. You need the big one that mechanics have.. you will get two codes from this but they all lead to the same module..

ONE thing i will recommend... is to located it and there is a ground that is mounted to your frame. Take this ground off and clean it really really good.. with sandpaper if you have to because also sometimes the rust will make it a bad ground and give you codes... TO THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!! It will save you time and money...

hope this helps..

Antonio.

oneradride

Reaction score
I realize this is a little old but I just had the same problem today with ABS and brake light coming on and it seems there is a ton of misinformation out there and people are needlessly trading in the trucks they love because they are told its going to cost thousands of dollars to fix this. Will this work for everyone, I doubt it.... but it just worked for me!! :D I fixed this in 5 minutes.
I found this tread and SEVERAL others about the same thing... also found repeated problems of bad grounds on the EBCM. If you have this issue I encourage you to read the attachment.
To be more specific, on a 2001 Yukon anyway there are 2 ground wires under the font of the driver's side door where the body mount is... It's about a 4 inch rubber circle. Clean and re-attach.. lights off!!!

http://www.mightyautoparts.com/pdf/articles/tt134.pdf

Last edited: