2008 Tahoe Resonator Delete VID!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm, don't see anything, just the code for the embed..

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

nevermind i see it now

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I'd really like more info on this, like if there's now ANY resonance in the cabin, etc.

JasonS

jgs107
Reaction score
is the resonator the big can towards the end of the exhaust by the tip.did you throw any codes by cutting this off.also will it still pass inspection.

OP
OP
bocaytomas

bocaytomas

Reaction score
The delete was the easiest thing I have ever done to the truck, I just took a reciprocating saw and cut it out, I then added an extension and that was that, the car DID NOT give any error codes either, you do hear a bit more noise but the type you want, feels powerful, and I never dynoed it but I though you could feel some more power output too.And yes its the big can at the end of the exhaust, I don't know if this will pass inspection or not because here in CT we don't have to do one, at least I never had to do it.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the resonator only modulate sound, or is there an emissions aspect to it, too?

What kind of tip did you put on the end? Have something welded on, or did you use one of those set-screw clamp on tips?

Once this this is cut off, can you have it welded back on later (provided you leave enough pipe to weld to)?

The added noise: is it just a louder, better exhaust sound, or is there some resonance now?

Thanks!

OP
OP
bocaytomas

bocaytomas

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by resonance? But there is a bit more exhaust sound, the good type, and yeah I just put a $10 bolt on extender and that's it

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you mean by resonance? But there is a bit more exhaust sound, the good type, and yeah I just put a $10 bolt on extender and that's it

Resonance, or exhaust "drone," is a term used to describe when the exhaust note hits a certain noise level/frequency where it causes a moment of (or constant, if you stay in that range) air vibration that, frankly, is like someone has cupped tupperware over your ears. That's really the best way I can describe it. Usually associated with a certain RPM, it might even vibrate interior pieces so that you get a "buzz" along with the noise and exhaust pressure.

The purpose of a resonator is to dampen those frequencies, as I understand it. So, without it, it makes me wonder if there's now some resonance.

Can anyone else help describe it?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
its the sound that hurts your ears like the sound baffleing you got when you only had one window open in certain cars. My silverado with flowmasters does drone at 2k rpm. But below you cant even here it and above is a clean rumble.

corsa's website here has alot of good info.
http://www.corsaperf.com/CorsaWhatIsDrone.aspx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbycombs