Interior LED installation....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
For those of you who have done this, how do I remove the lens from the headliner housing? I don't want to begin prying in the wrong spots...

1sikyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look very closely at that lense you will see that their are slips in it that you can fit a knife or even a flat head screw driver to pop it right out. It is very simple, no need for force if you use something that fits into that slip it should pop right out.

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
make sure you do the correct side for the middle and rear. They both have lenses that you pry one side, just slightly, and the other side is kind of a hinge. Once you figure out the correct side its really easy and it will just fall right out. Install and repeat :)

OP
OP
iwaslowr

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
iwaslowr

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
six dome lights? 2 in the roof and 4 doors?

Thanks for the info. Made this simple.

Actually, the NNBS have two dome lights per row in the headliner. I'm not sure what the NBS application will be though...

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have done this, how do I remove the lens from the headliner housing? I don't want to begin prying in the wrong spots...

If you look very closely at that lense you will see that their are slips in it that you can fit a knife or even a flat head screw driver to pop it right out. It is very simple, no need for force if you use something that fits into that slip it should pop right out.

I used a very small jewelers screwdriver to get them out. I would pry on one side a bit to free it and then do the other side and it would come lose. The hardest was the map lights. IIRC you want to pry on the side closest to the windshield. Just go slow and it's not that bad. Worst thing that can happen is you crack a lens which can easily be replaced. Not really what you want to have happen but it's not the end of the world if it does.

OT... this is the screwdriver set I use for things like this. It comes in so handy for projects like these.

http://www.amazon.com/Tool-135-0916...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1253140296&sr=8-1

jack24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used a very small jewelers screwdriver to get them out. I would pry on one side a bit to free it and then do the other side and it would come lose. The hardest was the map lights. IIRC you want to pry on the side closest to the windshield. Just go slow and it's not that bad. Worst thing that can happen is you crack a lens which can easily be replaced. Not really what you want to have happen but it's not the end of the world if it does.

OT... this is the screwdriver set I use for things like this. It comes in so handy for projects like these.

http://www.amazon.com/Tool-135-0916...ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1253140296&sr=8-1

Hey thanks alot for tip. Also thanks for the amazon link:)