I have got the WORST luck with Tahoe's!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a fiasco with my 2008 about 19 months ago and ended up ditching it. GM stepped up and got me into a 2011 Z71 4x4 for a nice price.

Here we are 19 months later and the problems are starting.
It's been in the shop 10 days with no end in sight. The first 7 days were for a transfer case leaking and a list of other shit.

So now on this trip:
Transfer case leaking fluid again. Repaired and reinstalled.
Rear cover/Rear main leaking - removed transfer case again (3rd time now) and transmission to repair.
Grinding noise between 15-22mph v4 mode and light throttle.

Universal joints are good and tight, yoke has been replaced, exhaust system has been replaced. The poor guys at the shop are busting their ***** on this damn thing and can't figure out what the deal is.

Now what are the chances of some poor f*ck like me to get TWO total POS Z71 4wd tahoes, and BOTH of them start to have major failures at 15,000 and 16,500 miles? Both are in showroom condition and the 2011 has been garage kept and never even driven in the rain until a few months ago. (read showroom condition).

So we went to go look at a Sequoia today and my wife isn't too fond of the light steering and lack of features for nearly 60 grand on the Limited. It looks like I am going to dump this hunk of shit and get another Tahoe.

At this point I can file a lemon law -- the grinding noise has been back to the dealer 5 times and its' been out of service for over 15 days and counting. Has anyone ever done a replacement vehicle under the lemon law?

:hitit:

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Shouldnt be hard to file but imo all new cars have their problems becahse they are made cheap and maximize profit. If you want somethin absolutely bullet proof get an older vehicle and put alot of new parts on it and it will last alot longer than a new one

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your stete's government web site should have a consumer affairs page regarding how to file a Lemon Law claim. Alternatively I believe the BBB web site also has info on the subject. I'm sure a google search will let you know what the procedure is in your state.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but at least this seems like an open and shut Lemon Law case.

AJ847

Reaction score
At this point I can file a lemon law -- the grinding noise has been back to the dealer 5 times and its' been out of service for over 15 days and counting. Has anyone ever done a replacement vehicle under the lemon law?

I've had to get a manufacturer give me a new car because the one I got was a total lemon. I'm not sure which state you are in so the technicalities may be different but in Illinois the minimum amount of time for a car to be out of commision before being eligible for lemon law is 30 days. If you were in Illinois, you'd need 15 more days of the car being in the shop to claim it, although to put some heat on your dealership I'd mention it by now.

I completely hear where your coming from and feel ya though. The car I had to get LL'd was a brand in mid 2000's european sports car, new to the US market.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a lemon law case years ago and if I remember correctly it has to be the same problem 5 times within 18 months (I think it was). Sorry for your troubles & Good Luck to you!

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I filed it on a 2007 Trailblazer SS. It's a big waiting game and the process took about 6 months of aggravation. I’m sure the laws are different from state to state.

OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we took a 400 mile round trip this weekend in that hunk of shit. Now the grinding is back, transmission is leaking and I was barely able to break 17mpg running 70mph.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylentnite

Latest posts