transmission pan drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usarmyharley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 tahoe z71 deep pan....how in the world are you guys dropping your pan...are you taking the exaust off...i cant seem to get at the right angle to get the shift bracket off and i need about one inch of space to drop it so it seems.

OP
OP
U

usarmyharley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks...will tackle that tomarrow it got dark on me so ima call it quits

anguyen325

Reaction score
bend the shift bracket to the side. no need to drop the exhaust. it'll have just enough room to slide it out.

anguyen325

Reaction score
if you're planning on doing it on the floor, be prepared for a lot of cleanup...

OP
OP
U

usarmyharley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks i actually got the bracket off...I got the transmission fluid changed and it ran great for about 3 days and now ive lost 3rd anf 4th gear...should have left that burnt transmission fluid in it

anguyen325

Reaction score
you were having problems prior to changing the fluid? did you see any metal on the pan magnet? If the fluid smelled burnt, you were bound to run into problems eventually. Just happened sooner since you changed the fluid.

anguyen325

Reaction score
Or you could have messed up the shift solenoids when putting the pan back in

yea that's a big problem a lot of ppl run into when trying to drop their pans without dropping the exhaust. when i first started working with transmissions, my dad always bitched at me and told me to watch out for the solenoids lol but from the sounds of it, he mentioned "burnt fluid" which made me think he was already having problems. might've been why he decided to change it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudLightyear