Trouble with running board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy guys! I am in the process of removing my running boards. I wanted to see what the truck looks like without them first, then potentially put on steel nerf bars. Of course, I am having some trouble.

I got the drivers side off without trouble, just lotsa sweat and some blood, brackets and all. Took out the 5 allen screws, then the 5 vertical bolts, then the 1 large bolt up front. Whole thing came off with a good push.

Passengers side... half of the screws are blocked by hoses of some sort. No idea what is contained. Anyway, I was only have to get the front 3 done, save for the bolt in the 3rd, and couldn't get neither the allen nor bolt in the rear 2. Left the main bolt on for last since its easy and keeps it all attached.

Right now I simply don't have the tools to navigate these hoses. They are held by clips, some of which are clamped to the body, and I really don't want to cut them off. How have y'all who have taken these boards off managed the hoses? I am completely out of ideas, and am ready to ask for a labor quote from the dealer to just take the dang thing off.

Pics comparing drivers side and passenger side as it sits. I honestly like it without the boards, until I backup and crouch and see the frame. But I could clean it and paint it if nothing else...

Boards:
20140611_194322_zps8aa42921.jpg

No board:
20140614_141704_zps04407d9c.jpg

20140614_141710_zps37a2e6b3.jpg

As always, thanks in advance for any suggestions!

OP
OP
G

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any input here? I'm going to the shop tomorrow, may just ask them to take the rest off if they're willing.

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I remember right I had to unclamp some of those lines. I remember I had to fight it pretty good. Have to get pretty rough with them. It was pretty long ago when I changed mine out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925