2015i Order Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has an order placed that has been sitting at 1100 status, has not been built, or has placed an order after August 14, 2014, you can verify if your order has been converted to the 2015i build by requesting a reprint of your current order (by order code) from your dealer.

Make certain that you have the following codes on the build sheet:

AVF - 2015iMY Interim/Improved Program Processing Code. Having this code will automatically populate the following features:

GU5 - Rear Axle 3.23 Ratio
K4C - Charger, Wireless Device, Inductive
M5U - 8-Speed Automatic
TC2 - Liftgate, power, hands-free
VV4 - Mobile Internet Connectivity

Additional new OPTION codes:

PCJ - Open Road Package
PCX - Appearance Package (otherwise known as Premium Package)

** The RPO code IO6 still remains the same, HOWEVER, the 2015i build WILL have the newer and much faster capacitive touch 8" Intellilink system vs. the slower early 2015 Intellilink version.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of trying to order a 2015I Yukon Denali and as everyone knows some dealers are slightly confused with all the changes
I'm in no rush so told my guy to take his time just keep me in the loop
Happend to be going by the dealer today and stopped in to say hello
His latest chat with the district rep is that you cannot get the folding steps with the 8 speed transmission
Even he was laughing at that one
Says he will call me back Monday with more info
Can't wait to hear what else he finds out

Last edited:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Motorwerks,
Do you know if there's a way to delete the power steps on the Premium Package in favor of the fixed steps?
Thanks.

OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of trying to order a 2015I Yukon Denali and as everyone knows some dealers are slightly confused with all the changes
I'm in no rush so told my guy to take his time just keep me in the loop
Happend to be going by the dealer today and stopped in to say hello
His latest chat with the district rep is that you cannot get the folding steps with the 8 speed transmission
Even he was laughing at that one
Says he will call me back Monday with more info
Can't wait to hear what else he finds out

Your district rep is likely trying to order the "Premium Package" in Global Connect which is what must be ordered to get the power running boards, heads up display, etc. However, when trying to order the Premium Package, an error window comes up on the screen saying that it isn't possible to order this package given your vehicle type. Tell him to configure your vehicle in "Quick Order". Select Yukon Denali, then order the "Appearance Package" PCX, followed by all of the other desired options, colors, etc.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Motorwerks,
Do you know if there's a way to delete the power steps on the Premium Package in favor of the fixed steps?
Thanks.

George, I'm unsure of your question. However, try the power steps. If you have a desire to retrofit fixed steps in the future, they'll be available in used sets all over eBay for pennies on the dollar. This is what happened with the previous body style as well.

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George, I'm unsure of your question. However, try the power steps. If you have a desire to retrofit fixed steps in the future, they'll be available in used sets all over eBay for pennies on the dollar. This is what happened with the previous body style as well.

Satish,
The steps used to be a stand alone option. Now they are bundled in with the premium package.
It looks like the DVD player can be subtracted from the open road package, so I was wondering if the same thing could be done with the steps.

I live in lake effect snow country. Lots of snow and ice chunks that build up in the wheel wells and mud flap area.
I'm not sure how well the folding steps will hold up with all of that nasty frozen debris hanging all over the rocker area.

I also like the lower door paint protection of the fixed steps offer. They shield rocks, road salt and other crap from ruining the lower door finish.

Last edited:
OP
OP
motorwerks

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Satish,
The steps used to be a stand alone option. Now they are bundled in with the premium package.
It looks like the DVD player can be subtracted from the open road package, so I was wondering if the same thing could be done with the steps.

I live in lake effect snow country. Lots of snow and ice chunks that build up in the wheel wells and mud flap area.
I'm not sure how well the folding steps will hold up with all of that nasty frozen debris hanging all over the rocker area.

I also like the lower door paint protection of the fixed steps offer. They shield rocks, road salt and other crap from ruining the lower door finish.

The reason you can subtract the DVD player and sunroof is because those are referred to as "free fall" options (available individually). I do not believe the running boards are offered that way any longer.

I previously had a Platinum Escalade with power running boards. I live in the suburbs of Detroit so have definitely had a share of winter's fury. I never really had any issues with them until I sold that truck. BTW, ironically, I immediately starting regretting the Escalade purchase just because it's persona it portrayed. Much as I liked the truck, on my street of $3+ million dollar homes, not one resident would drive an Escalade; yet there are plenty of Yukons, Suburbans, etc. Somehow, I felt like a rap star in it saying "look at me". :rockit:I much prefer the restrained looks of the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban.

Last edited:

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming there is a switch to allow the driver to shut them off?
If so, we'll just leave them up in the winter. Kind of an unnecessary need (any running board) on this SUV, unless you have little kids or seniors. We never found the need to use the steps on any of our previous Tahoes.
I just like the door protection they offers.

As far as the Escalade, there are a lot of them on the road in our town. It seems the people who drive them around here are the people who can least afford them, but feel the need to be thought of as some kind of "well to doer".
Kind of ironic.

When it comes to a personal vehicle, IMO, if you can't write the check, you can't afford it. I'm not saying that financing is stupid, it is just a payment option, but I think a person should really take a serious look at just how many hours of work (life) it takes to make the payment.

Last edited:

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Satish,

George Xpel Clear bra could be a nice option for you if your forced to get the power steps. I have the power steps with xpel installed 4inchs up on the bottom rocker panels and it turned out to be a nice clean look. Might not help with the ice build up but i think it will help with salt and rock damage. Power steps were a big a reason i bought the extended warranty on mine. I had them on our previous truck of 5 years and never had an issues. But then again our winters in the DC metro area aren't nearly as has harsh as yours up north.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want the power steps period! Total waste. Useless feature. I never even thought about how you loose the side protection from rocks etc without the fixed steps. I bet you could take them off, sell them, and install the fixed steps from the regular 2015

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmds3