Just finished my roof rack.. pics inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have updated the photos ITT to show what it looks like now. Overall, I'm highly satisfied with the result. As I suspected, the addition of the light bar with the mounting configuration I went with has eliminated ALL wind noise the rack used to make. It would howl loudly over 40mph due to the front cross bar, but the LED bar diverts the airflow around it and now the noise is gone.

egxfgvq.jpg

OFCFer3.jpg

BGyij1x.jpg

SE72koZ.jpg

6er5l04.jpg

e86ljDT.jpg

xUCAjet.jpg

Last edited:

woytovich

Reaction score
NICE!

Can you post pics/give some info on how you mounted it to the factory rack bases?

Do you think your attachment method will distribute the weight of the rack well enough?

mark

OP
OP
owl_93

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE!

Can you post pics/give some info on how you mounted it to the factory rack bases?

Do you think your attachment method will distribute the weight of the rack well enough?

mark

I used 6 galvanized u-bolts to secure it to the existing rails. The weight of everything is distributed mainly in the center of the rack, and because of the curvature of the factory rails and the straight rails on the rack, weight in the front of the rack will pull upwards on the rear rails and vis-versa. All in all, the set up is insanely rigid and very strong. At first I was hesitant to use the factory rails as they are actually a polymer, the way they are designed yields a very strong rail. Combine that with the fact that they are secured with 5 bolts on each side lends to the strength. I wouldn't exceed the 200lb capacity GM recommends on the roof however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555