LED Bulb Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Im a little new, and i have searched the forums, i mainly just wanted to throw out what i was thinking about ordering and seeing if anyone had any suggestions or any personal reason that i might want to change something or if i am completely ordering the wrong thing :hands:

For Interior Dome Lights (x6):

Interior Lights

For Reverse Lights (1x Pair)

Reverse Lights

For License Plate Lights (1x Pair)

License Plate Lights

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

might be nice if i mention that i have an 08 Tahoe

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i remember right, i ordered my interior leds from superbrightleds.com and i tried the array that you are considering. I don't think it fit properly. I ended up goin with a 9 led smt fastoon type. they are really bright and they are much cheaper than the one your looking at. I got mine in blue and it looks sick.

as for the backup bulbs....from what ive read, the leds are not going to give you near the visability as the stock bulbs do. That wasnt what i wanted to hear, so i'm hoping im wrong. I've heard hids are the way to go for backup lights, but hard to install.

I haven't done my license plate lights, but I used a 194 for my puddle lights and they work great. i used the bigger ones though.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Yeah, LED reverse lights do not provide adequate lighting.

OP
OP
I

IncisionInd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well that confuses me because i got them because i heard that they were super bright in there as long as they are the radial kind. I ordered the exact same ones as someone on another forum and the pictures below are of his Tahoe at night.

Well i wanted to try and get them here by this weekend so i went ahead and ordered them this morning of course before i read on the forum.

I guess i will try them and if they dont work i will order up some new ones.

Attachments

• GEDC0498.jpg
    GEDC0498.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 91
  • GEDC0499.jpg
    GEDC0499.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 59

Scotto2323

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Let me know how the interiors turn out. I had festoon bulbs with like 9 LEDs inside the tube. They were not very bright and they started to flicker after awhile. I want nice bright white ones that are not blueish. Putco has nice interior ones but I am not paying $250 for 6 lights.

-They don't give any specs for the reverse lights. I bought mine from SuperBright. They are not radial and are not bright enough for reverse lights. I just keep my foot on the brake lightly so the brake lights light up the way. Plus my reverse sensors help. They look cool as hell when they go on though.

-My plate bulbs were from SuperBright. 15000lumen single flat led panel. They are perfect.

Let us all know how they come out.

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive found that sometimes the leds look really bright it you are looking directly at them, like in the pic, but the light doesnt travel as far or have near the intensity as the stock back up lights.

Scotto: My interiors are the 9led festoons and i have passengers saying they are too bright. Mine are SMT, they said the other type wouldn't be as bright.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have almost every bulb in LED now, including the tails and backup bulbs from this place: http://www.v-leds.com/ Definitely not the cheapest, but actually brighter than stock. They have good info on the different types, high power, SMT, etc. Good bright ones like SMT or M-SMT are expensive, but work great.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive found that sometimes the leds look really bright it you are looking directly at them, like in the pic, but the light doesnt travel as far or have near the intensity as the stock back up lights.

Scotto: My interiors are the 9led festoons and i have passengers saying they are too bright. Mine are SMT, they said the other type wouldn't be as bright.

What mm size did you go with? 42mm or 44mm?

bjc7jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drummer: I just sent a pm, I got 42mm

Fast55: Did you replace your visor lights too? I'm looking for them and i can't find a conversion. Any suggestions? And what did you use for your backups?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That is the key, the LEDs are bright when you are directly looking at them but they do not provide enough lighting at a distance. I really like the look though. I want to get them for the interior at least, but from all the pics it looks dark particularly when compared to stock. If someone can show pictures of interior LEDS being brighter than stock, then I may consider upgrading.