Cold Air Intake Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Well some of you may remember this topic, http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=521

Today the CAI made its way here. The install process went flawlessly. Though the instructions and pictures could have been a little more of the actual product. It seemed as if the instructions were taken at the time of the CAI design and fabrication process.

I did need to use the OEM MAF, which was a PITA to remove from the stock air cleaner lid.

Though you can not really tell from the video, the air being sucked into the throttle body sounds wicked under WOT. I am very pleased with that. The throttle response is definitely improved over stock. You can definitely hear the CAI doing its job from the inside of the truck, which I thought I was not going to hear. It's not as prominent as my brothers K&N CAI he installed on his 5.7 Hemi Charger. I think that may be due to the truck having more sound deadening materials and being BOF.

Overall, I am very pleased with the fitment, quality, and overall performance of this CAI system. Not too bad at all for a total of $67.00. I highly recommend this product.

On to the pics and videos:

The box it came in
SDC10232.gif
Taken out of the box
SDC10233.gif

Disassembly
Step 1; Remove stock intake system
SDC10234.gif
Step 2; Remove filter hold down tray
SDC10236.gif
Step 3; Install heat sheild
SDC10238.gif
SDC10239.gif
Step 4; Install supplied rubber isolator.
SDC10240.gif
Step 5; Install 90* elbow and intake tube, tighten clamps loosely
SDC10241.gif
Step 6; Assemble MAF and filter using supplied parts. Leave all clamps loose til final fitment.
SDC10244.gif
SDC10243.gif

Here are the videos. I'll take more if need be.
Stock start and rev
th_SDC10231.gif
CAI Installed and Drive
th_SDC10247.gif

OP
OP
Sepiroth

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Thanks, I try, lol.

Look at that clean throttle body
SDC10237.gif

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
looks good sir ***** foot. This is before black bear tune. with 10 sheets of plywood in the bed..

Do a vid like this next time.
th_VID00027-20090204-2023.jpg

OP
OP
Sepiroth

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Alright mofo.

I just hate getting on her like that. I feel bad when I do so. Yanno?

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
its needs to be like my vid. In the second run did you here the tires breaking free from the first to second shift. I love this truck. I need to get a after Black Bear vid up. O yea. This video was computer generated and in no way real *saying that cause I did 70 in a 45 in the computer world of course*

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the filter it comes with seem to be a good one? i know someone that got a similar kit and the filter was a piece of crap. i just don`t trust no name filters.

and, have you seen any increase in MPG? i may have to pick one up.

thanks for the writeup.

OP
OP
Sepiroth

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
The filter seems to be of decent build quality. I havent had a chance to do any sort of driving with her really. I just installed it and took the pics and video right afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
franklincwright