2000 Tahoe inside/outside air door goes bump bump bump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When replacing the actuator be careful which one you get. Some have 3 pins and some have 5 pins. I was not careful enough and ordered a 3 pin type for the recirculation door and it didn't work. Bought a correct one from the dealer ($275) and installed it. It worked with a two way scanner so I'm putting things back together later today. I ended up cutting the duct to get at it. Will tape it up on reassembly. I hope this solves the issue of recirculation door not working. We'll see.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. It looked liked getting the correct replacement actuator worked. Imagine that. I put things back together and didn't install the dash cover incase I need to go back in there. Taping the cut duct section back in seemed to go okay - I used electrical tape and aluminum tape. All seems to be working. I replaced the light sensor and looking at a way to easily test it before I put the cover back on. When I plugged the air bag module back in the B code went away so I assume it will be working correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOC1583