2004 tahoe 5.3 ffv badly rusted fuel supply lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vmuse777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The fuel lines I'm referring to have a quick connect fitting at one end and a threaded nut and the other end. The quick connect ends connect to fuel lines from fuel pump at front end of fuel tank. One line then connects to fuel filter. Both are BADLY rusted.

Should I replace them with stainless steel tubing? And if so, where can I order the exact fit SS lines?

OP
OP
vmuse777

vmuse777

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok! The 'other lines' those connect to (right above the front end of the tank) are the ones I'm talking about. I think I'd like to to replace those with SS. Can anyone tell me what they are specifically called (to differentiate from the ones on top of the tank) and where I can order them? Thanks!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should have a relatively short line that goes to the fuel filter, so you may need multiple lines, although I've never looked much at mine to see what it would take. And the connections will go through the flex fuel sensor. I don't see OE part numbers but I didn't look very hard.

JEGS has a kit that seems to have what you need, but the fuel filter appears to have two quick connect ports; the OE filter should have one of those, and a threaded fitting. If you use this kit and you'll be changing the filter in the future, you'd need to get a similar one. YMMV

Also this nylon set (I know nothing about this company or their products):

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito