2012 Tahoe SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevySSR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I hope you guys doing well. My name is Mian and am Deaf. My English is not that great since English is my second language and American Sign Language (ASL) is my first language.

Anyway, well, I think I made a mistake that I bought 2012 Tahoe SSV with 77k miles for $11,000. I didn’t check engine hours till I found out how to check after bought it. So it has almost 20k engine hours, I was like fu*k, but before I bought it, I looked at Tahoe everything, like exterior is in excellent condition, no scratch at all and no holes and engine looks great, no leak at all, head crank has no oil leak at all, I looked under the engine to see if oil leak but no leak at all, looks clean. So I looked interior is in excellent condition, looks basic, have center console, like normal. I drove Tahoe as test, was very smooth, transmission is great, no feeling when change gears and drove on the freeway with full AC on full fan, pretty cold and did drive on high hill, very power. Anyway all I concern about 20k engine hours, I know high idle hours is not good but how do I know if engine is good or would explode? I can’t see what inside of the engine looks like. I changed engine oil and oil filter and from now on I will change engine oil every 3k miles. So what do you guys think? Thank you.

I attached some pictures but I will add more pictures of inside the Tahoe.
congratulations on a good looking Tahoe!
20k total engine hours is not much at all, unless you mean "idle hours", they are not the same thing.
Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reuben0524