2015 Escalade Power Running boards - grinding!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orange

Reaction score
Running boards were working fine. Passenger side retracts ok for the most part, but when the door is closed it makes a grinding noise like a seal (the marine animal). Motor keeps trying to pull them closed, but can't. With a little help the running board will close, but still lots of grinding noise. I MAY have curbed the running board on a steep driveway curb, but can't find evidence of dents on misalignment of the running boar. Tried lubing the motor and hinges, but that did not make a major difference.

Did I bend something? Possible the motor is mis-aligned? What should I check or adjust before spending time/money on a new motor? Just don't want to replace parts that won't solve my problem.

Cthom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
wow mines is doing the same exact thing seal noise. 2015 Yukon XL Denali drive side. It will not go back up unless i help it back up with my hands. I've baptize it with WD-40 and still nothing. I dont think i have curb it or hit anything with it. I plan on posting a YouTube video soon to show what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Orange

Orange

Reaction score
bump? Anyone know if there are parts I should be checking before swapping out the motor?

MhayesCo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you figure out the issue? Mine is doing the exact same thing on the passenger side. It makes a loud seal barking noise. Won’t go up unless I help it with lifting. I tried wd-40 but didn’t help it. I can’t see any scrapes or damage, just the seal noise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts