2015 GMC Yukon AC Refrigerant Leak Passenger Side Tube Underbody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shahrkster

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I decided to give the AC Pro kit a shot because I thought the refrigerant had leaked over over time. For some time the car would only cool from the rear AC and not the front. I thought it may be something else but decided to put in some refrigerant to see if that was the cause. Sure enough that was the case because the pressure was super low (per the AC pro dial).

AC started running fine when I added refrigerant. Unfortunately, interestingly saw this leak on the passenger side. Sorry the pictures are not clear but I think it will give one an idea. This was right under the front passenger side. I am assuming that this is for the rear cooling system. Does anyone have an idea what tube that is? What is a solution to fix this leak? Any quick fixes?

Attachments

• IMG_7818.jpg
    IMG_7818.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7817.PNG
    IMG_7817.PNG
    966.3 KB · Views: 3

RoadTrip

Reaction score
Glad you were able to find a leak.

Do not use AC refrigerant with a sealer in it because it can — and most likely will — get stuck in the inline filter and plug it up long before it seals any system leaks. Plan on replacing your filter too.

Now that you have confirmed a leak, you will need to have the system vacuumed out to remove the moisture inside. At this age, your drier should be replaced also.

Because of the expansion and contraction of AC lines, any sort of adhesive will not stay in place to seal the tubing. You may be able to find a shop to repair part of the line, but it’s best to replace the entire line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58