2015 suburban heated seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddzaracki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 suburban ltz with first and second row heated seats . Had this suburban for about 3 years and bought it used. The heated seats have never really gotten above lukewarm, almost to the point where it doesn’t seem that they are working . The seat back has a little bit of heat but nothing that would even take the chill off . All 4 seats perform the same way. Seems unlikely that all 4 would have bad elements. The cooling function on the front seats works fine. I’ve seen many threads about this but none with resolutions posted. Just looking for insight if there may be something to look into here or if the heated Seats on this rig are just a disappointment.

Thanks ,
Todd

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a strange one. It does seem improbable that all 4 seat heaters would underperform simultaneously. Perhaps, a review of the electrical schematics would provide some information on how they are wired, and if there is something in the wiring that is a common path for all seats. Seems unlikely, but who knows.

My heated seats in the hottest switch position will heat to the point where I suddenly realize that my a** is on fire.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
There is a connector under the passenger front seat that is prone to having one particular terminal get hot and burn up. This will ultimately lead to the heated seats not working at all. I would start there as it may be that it isn't passing enough current to get very hot.

It is a fairly common problem from what I understand.

OP
OP
T

Toddzaracki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a connector under the passenger front seat that is prone to having one particular terminal get hot and burn up. This will ultimately lead to the heated seats not working at all. I would start there as it may be that it isn't passing enough current to get very hot.

It is a fairly common problem from what I understand.
Thanks for the tip ! I’ll check that tonight

skimask

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 suburban ltz with first and second row heated seats . Had this suburban for about 3 years and bought it used. The heated seats have never really gotten above lukewarm, almost to the point where it doesn’t seem that they are working . The seat back has a little bit of heat but nothing that would even take the chill off . All 4 seats perform the same way. Seems unlikely that all 4 would have bad elements. The cooling function on the front seats works fine. I’ve seen many threads about this but none with resolutions posted. Just looking for insight if there may be something to look into here or if the heated Seats on this rig are just a disappointment.

Thanks ,
Todd
Close, but not quite the same thing here.
All heated seats (front, rear, drivers, passengers, cushion, seat back, 8 spots total) used to work just fine, except unlike you, I got plenty of heat in all positions.
I found some fairly good wiring diagrams at https://www.gmupfitter.com/ .
No idea if they're factory direct or what.
Issue I've got is no seat cushion (butt heat) in the front seats. Everything else is good.

Notable components...
BCM, seat heat switches, K29 and K29R seat heat controllers, K55D, K55P for the front seats.

However...the front/driver, front/pass, rear/driv, rear/pass, all get their power from different fuses, and have different grounds. Front seats (both cushion and back) and rear seats (cushion only) from different fuses (F46DL & F47FL), and left seats and right seats have different grounds (G311 & G312). Therefore, that leads me to think that you're expecting too much from your seat heaters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unrolledtoiletpap