2016 Tahoe LT Erratic Infotainment/DIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

racertrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forum, and just finished scrolling through all 35 pages of posts in the Interiors section, as well a search under "Infotainment". I've had my Tahoe for 3 years (bought used in Nov '19 with 19.8k on the clock). The infotainment system and DIC occasionally will change modes on its own, primarily going from Info to Audio with the main infotainment screen randomly changing. At other times, the main screen won't respond to touch, and lately, Carplay/iPhone 12 won't connect when plugged in to a USB in the console (the ports in the change box in front stopped responding early on). I've been searching for a way to "reboot" the system while driving but haven't found anything yet. Looking through many of the posts give me the impression GM's technology is lacking (to be charitable).

Does anyone have thoughts on how to address these issues? I'm tempted to seek an aftermarket replacement but would prefer not.

Thanks

Marc

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forum, and just finished scrolling through all 35 pages of posts in the Interiors section, as well a search under "Infotainment". I've had my Tahoe for 3 years (bought used in Nov '19 with 19.8k on the clock). The infotainment system and DIC occasionally will change modes on its own, primarily going from Info to Audio with the main infotainment screen randomly changing. At other times, the main screen won't respond to touch, and lately, Carplay/iPhone 12 won't connect when plugged in to a USB in the console (the ports in the change box in front stopped responding early on). I've been searching for a way to "reboot" the system while driving but haven't found anything yet. Looking through many of the posts give me the impression GM's technology is lacking (to be charitable).

Does anyone have thoughts on how to address these issues? I'm tempted to seek an aftermarket replacement but would prefer not.

Thanks

Marc
Yep, been there and done that - 2017 yukon. Exhibited the same problems as well as the A/C gojngnon strike when it felt like. Radio flashed with new software - didn't fix. Ended up replaced under warranty. Radio and climate control are all one thing together.

OP
OP
racertrader

racertrader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks B-train...unfortunately I'm out of warranty. I'll speak with the dealer and see what they have to say (which will be interesting :) .