Bronze Wheels??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this style has been around long enough that it's not going to turn into a fad... and i've always felt they looked good on the "right" vehicle. I'm just debating whether my vehicle and 'vision' is one of those applications.

My Yukon XL is a giant sea of colorless silver. I couldn't stand how it looked with the stock HD wheels which had a greyish tone, it all blended together for a mundane looking truck. I have black with milled accents on there now, but looking for a different wheel to run for after I lift it.

I'm only doing a small 4" lift and looking to stay with 33-35" tires on 17 or 18" wheels. Not looking for x12 wide -44mm deep dish wheels. I'm looking for more the overland look... go anywhere haul anything type vehicle.

Thoughts? I think my order of preference goes ATX AX201, then Fuel D583, followed by Fuel D600. There might be others out there.

ax201bz.jpg
31749797593_f32d615c86_c.jpg

Anza_17x8.5_Bronze-BLK-Bead_A1_1000.png
Tundra_BronzeAnza1.jpg

uel-vector-1pc-matte-black-bronze-face-bead-ring-2.jpg

My Trucks when it was stock:

2016-07-29 10.40.49.jpg

And now in its current state with 305/60/18s w/black wheels

2017-06-15 10.36.42.jpg

.....or maybe stick with what i have and accept I live in the world of grey/black :emotions133:

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like 2nd or 3rd ones

method also has some bronze wheels that i have seen & thought looked good

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plasti-Dip makes a bronze colored dip. Maybe try spraying the centers of your current wheels? I'd leave the wheel rim black though. If you like how it looks but REALLY hate Plasti-dip then go ahead and pull the trigger on the set you like best. I personally like the Fuel D53s the best and I think your wheels will look VERY similar if you tape off the wheel hoop and outer lip, and keep the center cap black as well. Hell, I'd probably just get one can and just do one or two wheels to see how it looks.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the bronze wheel idea because it has it's own unique appeal and it's not a fad. But, I just don't see them jiving so well on a light-colored vehicle. That white Tundra's saving grace is the grille that ties in with the beadlocks and because white is about as neutral as you can get. I love silver, but, the bronze would come across as gold and it'd have a silver and gold "Christmas ornament" appeal. Maybe it wouldn't be so bold with all the black on the wheel and the amount of black from the tires. I really like what you have now. Maybe someone can Photoshop your current wheels so the centers/spokes are bronze, but leave the hoops black? Maybe have the silver on the edges of the spokes black so that the only part that is bronze is the face of the center? Either way, you'd be able to get an idea and know for sure if you wanna change it up.

*EDIT*
ScottyBoy pretty much said it as I was typing mine. I like the Plasti-Dip idea. You could spray two wheels on one side and ride for a while and see how you like it "in real life".

OP
OP
Matt_

Matt_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great input, thanks guys!

About the bronze/light color issue.... yeah that still concerns me. Like the plastidip idea; maybe try it before winter and consider it a protective coating for salt too

I did find these images, and think that this silver mits pulls them off nicely

Pajero_Sport_with_ATX_AX201_18_gallery_1.jpeg

Pajero_Sport_with_ATX_AX201_18_gallery_3.jpeg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great input, thanks guys!

About the bronze/light color issue.... yeah that still concerns me. Like the plastidip idea; maybe try it before winter and consider it a protective coating for salt too

I did find these images, and think that this silver mits pulls them off nicely

View attachment 183195

View attachment 183196

That does look good! They don't look so "gold" as they did in those other pics. Seeing them in that light looks way better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
db1000pc