CEL P069E, P2610, P2534 - Engine not shutting down when turning ignition off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddyrim

Reaction score
Two days ago, pull into my driveway and turn the truck ignition off, only to realize when I step outside the Denali that the engine is still running. I thought that perhaps something had failed in the key ignition, so I put the key back in and turned it to the on position and back off multiple times, and nothing would stop the engine from running. After about 10 minutes the truck turned off.

CEL P069E, P2610, P2534 appeared.

Yesterday the problem was different in duration, sometimes running for a minute, then stumbling and shutting down, other times, running for 10-15 seconds, then stumbling as if starving for fuel, then shutting down. Furthermore, when I went to start the truck yesterday morning, the battery was completely drained. I figured maybe some circuit was staying open. Replaced the battery with the spare I always keep in the garage on charge, and away I went.

The problem got progressively better; however I'm worried it will return. CEL went out this morning. Truck turned off just fine today coming into work.

Seemed to start when the weather turned nice. Two days ago it was +8°C and wet from the snow melt. Today its -16°C and the problem is seemingly gone, or waiting to strike again.

Any feedback???

P069E - Fuel pump control module requesting illumination
P2610 - ECM/PCM Internal Engine Off Timer Performance https://www.obd-codes.com/p2610
P2534 - Trouble code indicates that the PCM has detected a problem in the ignition switch run position circuit.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the ECM thinks the key is still in run. My first guess would be the ignition switch but I'd look further, these issues can manifest themselves from a more remote issue. Do the interior accessories turn off when you pull the key and open the door?

OP
OP
daddyrim

daddyrim

Reaction score
So far when I pull the key out and open the door, all the accessories are turned off like they normally would, but I can still hit the gas and Rev the engine until it cuts out. Gear selector locked in Park and accessories off as per normal shut down.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your ECM is not getting the "hint" from your ignition switch. Haven't dealt with this personally but it's sounds like the ECM doesn't know when the run circuit has been opened. Might want to try replacing the ignition switch. Like I said though, just a guess.

OP
OP
daddyrim

daddyrim

Reaction score
Would you happen to know electrically what electrical pins could be verified? Enough work to change the Ignition.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you happen to know electrically what electrical pins could be verified? Enough work to change the Ignition.

No clue to be honest. Just a theoretical solution at best.

jericho121

Reaction score
There a guy in youtube motoyam82 channel had diagnose a similar issue on a 2013 gmc acadia denali. It turns out there was a water leak on the windsheild and its getting under dash fusebox. You might wanna check it out.

TroutHunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi there: New to the forum and found it my search of the same codes. For me, an 2009 Chevy Suburban 1500. In addition to three (3) codes mentioned above (P069E, P2610, P2534), I also have fourth - P1682: Drive 5, Line 2. Did daddyrim ever diagnosis / find the cause of his issue? Thanks for sharing.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there: New to the forum and found it my search of the same codes. For me, an 2009 Chevy Suburban 1500. In addition to three (3) codes mentioned above (P069E, P2610, P2534), I also have fourth - P1682: Drive 5, Line 2. Did daddyrim ever diagnosis / find the cause of his issue? Thanks for sharing.

You might send daddyrim a private message if he doesn't respond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darryl251