Chipped Paint (rocks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dawvu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The front of my hood (2008 LTZ, Black) is scratched and chipped from rocks on the highway...does anyone know the best way to fix them?

all of them are small but I don't want to see them and I don't want them to rust.

thanks

DAWVU

preston

Reaction score
To get the best results you would want to have the hood repainted. I have the same problem with my front bumper, it's all chipped to hell, but I don't have to worry about rust. Trying to touch it up will probably make it look worse in my opinion. If you do get it repainted or want to prevent further chips, you'll want to do something to protect it. Probably a bug deflector or some of that clear vinyl protector stuff would be the way to go.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now with repainting the bumper i have that same problem, what are the cost of taking the bumper off sanding it down to repaint it? i have the pearl white my only concern is the whites wont match up looking crazy rolling in the street.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pay a guy who owns a mobile paint repair van that specializes in paint and dent repair. I can't even tell you how good this guys work is - try to find someone like that from a dealership recommendation.

If you're in DFW send me a PM.

BOSS

rogersinsel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The front of my hood (2008 LTZ, Black) is scratched and chipped from rocks on the highway...does anyone know the best way to fix them?

all of them are small but I don't want to see them and I don't want them to rust.

thanks

DAWVU

Get the touch up paint to match. Put it on. It might be a bit high. Then take a new pencil and glue a piece of very fine sand paper on the eraser. Take your time and sand down the touch up paint. This will look as good as it is gonna get without a repaint. Then slow down and let the rock haulers pass!!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotrodford

Latest posts