Dreaded reduced power mode. argggggggggg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Pop the fuseblock cover and unclip to inspect the terminals/connectors that plug to the actual fuseblock. It's very easy to do this, you'll just have to remove the little corner brace. Have a wiring diagram to pinpoint the wires that go to the throttle body.

Maybe you have corrosion there?
I have not been able to locate a wiring schematic for this tahoe? The boss man gave me a ground schematic.

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Based on your stated P1516: with a good scanner compare the throttle position with the pedal position values. There are some good YouTube videos on how to do that.

Also, the wiring from the throttle body has a tendency to break under the wiring insulation. Very carefully inspect the wiring harness from the throttle body back about 6 or 8", looking (feeling) for wire that's compromised under the insulation. You can get a new pigtail for that harness, or repair broken wiring.
By the way I was just checking my b pillar. The only grounds I have there are on a bolt with nut, two wires. Looks fine, but I noticed I had replaced the connector to the blower, and the connectors are all burned up, and the wires got so hot it melted the loom and melted two wires together. I solder everything now. Learned my lesson driving a diesel tool truck. Could this be it?

OP
OP
E

Eldiablo

Reaction score
Pop the fuseblock cover and unclip to inspect the terminals/connectors that plug to the actual fuseblock. It's very easy to do this, you'll just have to remove the little corner brace. Have a wiring diagram to pinpoint the wires that go to the throttle body.

Maybe you have corrosion there?
about a month ago I took all the fuseblock apart and cleaned it all with purple cleaner and a wire brush got it crystal clean. Blew it all out, sat it out in the son for a week. Looks new. I also took apart every connector cleaned them out and wd40 them. If I can get a wiring schematic, I can ohm test all of the wires. I have done alot of that already. They all were at the 1650 range. I personally think I need to replace the pedal sensor. Also, last night I found all the wires going to the blower assembly fried. I cut out all the connectors and soldered them up. Just waiting on all new injector pigtails, should have them wednsday so I can fire her up and pray.

stretchit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update? im having the same issue. bought to start cutting every wire and putting in new wires. What a dum problem to have. Put 10k into a rebuild just to lose TB signal lolol wtf man. Tuner even reved it up before the tune then it just loses signal hahahahaahah I'm losing my mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ironworks

Latest posts