Evap issue question 09 yukon 5.3? - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCYukon2009

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've replaced the canister vent valve solenoid ( by rear end) and the canister purge valve ( on engine ). I still cannot fill fuel without the gas nozzle clicking off often. I can fill slowly.
Can I run the vehicle or will something else go wrong before I can get it fixed?

Thanks

solli5pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've replaced the canister vent valve solenoid ( by rear end) and the canister purge valve ( on engine ). I still cannot fill fuel without the gas nozzle clicking off often. I can fill slowly.
Can I run the vehicle or will something else go wrong before I can get it fixed?

Thanks
Don't forget about the Carbon canister...if it's clogged filling up with gas can be an adventure.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me that was the culprit on my 2010. When I had the canister off, I pressurized the gas tank with air from a compressor at the filler tube to blow out the lines. The canister was heavy with fuel as a result of to often topping the tank off to overfilling.
Yep. Without people doing that the canister would probably last the life of the vehicle.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the canister came apart, you’ve got charcoal everywhere, including the lines in the tank. I had to replace my hard line, which is now discontinued, because I couldn’t get it cleaned out. I managed to get the pipes on the outside of the tank cleaned out by squeezing the whole line with pliers to break up the charcoal and blow it out. I had to drop my tank and I duct taped a smaller piece of nylon pipe to a shop vac and sucked the charcoal out of the line and cleaned up what I could from inside the tank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MAGAlomaniac