Gremlins in Infotainment System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevenE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 Tahoe. My Infotainment system is going crazy. It’s as if there is a toddler inside it randomly pushing buttons. It will turn itself on, switch from app to app, put a call on hold, call someone, switch to navigate, try to navigate to a random non-existent location, switch back to Pandora and shudder and jump from playlist to playlist, interrupting songs. It doesn’t always happen, but is getting more frequent and once it starts, all you can do is turn the vehicle off. I called my dealer but didn’t get any intel over the phone. Fixable? Expensive?

dualie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does you touchscreen still function?
Mine started to do very minimally but the left 1/3 is no longer touch working.
Im at the moment looking for another factory replacement inorder to retain the dvd screen for the family.
2015 Tahoe LTZ.

OP
OP
K

KevenE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Touch screen works - when it’s on the fritz it freezes, but otherwise it works. I don’t think the screen is the problem.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get the joy of a new radio and climate control assembly. Same thing happened on my 2017 yukon. Luckily my wife got video of it, I called the dealership and told them I'd be dropping it off asap - warranty ran out in less than 500 miles and they used the video as proof of need. Got it covered, so I didn't pay attention to the price.

You could look for one from a wrecked vehicle and have it programmed for yours. They are stupid easy to replace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tatheho