HID kit Recomendations??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

007fl

Reaction score
Are you guys getting a good cut off line with the bulb kits or are you blasting light everywhere? I had a bulb kit on the vette and blinded almost everyone. lol.

007fl

Reaction score
I have them adjusted pretty good. I don't get flashed at all.

Ed,
A few questions for you. (I'm a little lazy)
Is the Yukon a two bulb headlight system? It looks like only one bulb from the outside. I haven't tried to open it up and look at it yet.
If it is a two bulb, doesn't it hurt the HID low to run at DRL voltage?
Is it a 9006/9007 setup? I still have the HID kit I had in the vette. Maybe I'll put it in the Denali.

thanks

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a single bulb.
H13 if I remember correctly.
I have the harness so my DRL's get full voltage.
I bought the Hi/Lo option to keep my High-Beams.

Last edited:

CPMS

Reaction score
What about changing the whole assembly?

Hey guys, new to the forum and am soaking in all the info. This may be a dumb question but are the HID kits better than just buying complete new assemblies? I've seen some online for $300-500. More pricey than the HID kits but some look pretty nuts, gives the front of the truck a totally new look. If anyone out there has done the switch please let us know how your experience went.

tool2269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and am soaking in all the info. This may be a dumb question but are the HID kits better than just buying complete new assemblies? I've seen some online for $300-500. More pricey than the HID kits but some look pretty nuts, gives the front of the truck a totally new look. If anyone out there has done the switch please let us know how your experience went.

I'm assuming your talking about HID kits that come with projector headlamp assemblies?If so, I'm sure they focus the light pattern better but the stock assembly with my HID's are fine IMO. Plus I didn't want those halo/angel eyes that seem to come with all the new projector headlamps.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless OEM, I've heard bad about 'some' online ones as cheap....you can get HID's for about $70......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bl74

Latest posts