Hydro Boost Install *****HELP!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggin Wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick history: I have a 98 Tahoe 2dr 2wd 109k. I bought a hydro boost from a junk yard with master cylinder (MC) & pedal from the same truck (2003 Chevy hd) and new lines from rock auto. I spent over 6 hours pulling the pedal out of my Tahoe to swap it so it would match up with what it came from. I had the pedal all the way to the floor behind the padding and carpet and still couldn't get the pushrod to connect. Guessing I'd say it was about an inch and a half from where the pedal needed to be for me to actually use it correctly. Besides that the pushrod wouldn't budge one way or the other while attempting to attach it to the pedal, but even if I got it on there it would've already been all the way to the floor. What is going on? I spent all day literally fighting it only to have split the metal ring around the pushrod (I'll add a pic tonight) have I totally screwed this up?
I've done a little homework and I didn't bench bleed the MC because the instructions I had earlier didn't tell me to do that, so that's the only thing I can think of, please help me, I'm on my motorcycle and it's about to get cold real quick, it's either I get this done quickly or I put it back stock, thanks for your help guys

OP
OP
Shaggin Wagon

Shaggin Wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pic I promised

Does anyone think I can still use this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 8

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the 98 and 03 are different, you are going to make a custom rod for it to work properly. by the looks of the ball end...you messed it up! now if you had a 2000 up, the 03 would be a bolt in. My setup came off an 05 and it bolted right up in my 01.

OP
OP
Shaggin Wagon

Shaggin Wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, the 98 and 03 are different, you are going to make a custom rod for it to work properly. by the looks of the ball end...you messed it up! now if you had a 2000 up, the 03 would be a bolt in. My setup came off an 05 and it bolted right up in my 01.
I appreciate the reply. You stated I messed it up, so what do I have to do to fix it? Also you said if I had a 2000 and up it would bolt right in, that sounds right but I have a 98 so my only option is to my it adjustable somehow? Is there a way to trade it for one that will fit my year model?
This sucks I was under the impression that it would bolt right in, or I wouldn't have messed it up, my misunderstanding I guess

OP
OP
Shaggin Wagon

Shaggin Wagon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seriously guys, does anyone know for sure if I can use this power boost or not? Opinions please

rocketvette95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hydrovac

Just to be nosiey why did you want to go to a Hydrovac booster.
You can get a booster from a 1996-1999 Suburban/Tahoe and that should bolt right in your truck.
They do make two versions one that is 7600lbs and under and then they make the one that is for the heavier trucks
I will tell you one bit of info. Don't waste your time getting a used booster. These boosters have a problem leaking where the booster is put together. I, being the cheap-o I am went with a used one because mine was leaking. After a whole afternoon of me laying on my back taking this pain in the a** booster off the used one I got started leaking two days later, so I have to do it a again. Man I hate this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Park60