IMPORTANT: The Chronicles of Low Oil Pressure by 07burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapitein

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the pickup O ring on mine today.

Warm idle has gone from 10-15psi, to 20-25.

Cruising is 40-50psi. Acceleration is 60+. Haven't done a cold idle yet.

07 Denali, 167k miles. Unopened engine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_083510.jpg
    IMG_20220117_083510.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20220117_180429.jpg
    IMG_20220117_180429.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 27

scruffy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did anyone in their travels ever read about the oils that go into our trucks? that it was about having a high quality, something about LL improvers in the formula? this was to assist the DoD from slugging? Sorry about the Babbel-ling-I just stick to Liquid Moly or Royal Purple-I luvs my baby that much! I too eliminated some nasty things to enjoy my truck with no more problems. Did the sensor and filter, stop using more flex-fuel than hi-test + an additive was added (Lucas for E-85), ugh! Sickening! Couldn't be happier for the last 10k miles, with no end in sight! (i change the oil every 5k miles; my truck sits a lot and runs far when it goes) I still love the DoD too!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did anyone in their travels ever read about the oils that go into our trucks? that it was about having a high quality, something about LL improvers in the formula? this was to assist the DoD from slugging? Sorry about the Babbel-ling-I just stick to Liquid Moly or Royal Purple-I luvs my baby that much! I too eliminated some nasty things to enjoy my truck with no more problems. Did the sensor and filter, stop using more flex-fuel than hi-test + an additive was added (Lucas for E-85), ugh! Sickening! Couldn't be happier for the last 10k miles, with no end in sight! (i change the oil every 5k miles; my truck sits a lot and runs far when it goes) I still love the DoD too!
I spend a fair amount of time @BITOG forum learning about oil, etc. I've been doing UOA on our vehicles for 11+ yrs. 0w-20 oil is a good match with me and my 2007 6.2L L92.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/latest-uoa-0w-20-07-6-2l-w-180-k-mi.136491/

My 2007 6.2 didn't come from GM with DoD thank goodness. I changed the oil pump pickup o-ring 4 yrs ago as preventative mx.

Amy Cardinal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've replaced everything I can think of. The pump, sending unit, screen, flush the oil more than once. Problem keeps coming back. I'm over it. I'm gonna replace the engine. Where is the go to for rebuilt? Looked at Powertrain Products but not sure. Thoughts??

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've replaced everything I can think of. The pump, sending unit, screen, flush the oil more than once. Problem keeps coming back. I'm over it. I'm gonna replace the engine. Where is the go to for rebuilt? Looked at Powertrain Products but not sure. Thoughts??

Here is another option.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess no one has mentioned excessive bearing clearances (?) as the possible issue causing low oil pressure? I mean, all other things are good things to check, of course.

If you've replaced all the other components and nothing has worked, then that's most likely your issue. Unfortunately, it's going to require a complete teardown which seems like you already figured out...:-(

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you drop the oil pan and change the $5 oil pump pickup tube o-ring?
o-ring.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk