Really thinking about buying a Denali, need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted this on Tahoe forums as well, but I don't know which one is more popular nowadays haha because I haven't been on these sites in a while.

I have an oppurtuinty to get my hands on a 2003 Yukon Denali for about $17,200 with 70k miles on it. It's got about every option except for the DVD player (not that there were a lot of options for those). I drove it today and good god do I love it. Doesn't seem to have a single mechanical problem about it. I plan on trading in my 1995 Tahoe 4-door for it. Sad, I know =( but they should give me $2000 for it and I don't see myself driving it much over the denali if I owned both so...

What do you guys think?

thumbnails.aspx

thumbnails.aspx

thumbnails.aspx

It seems mint and it's a trade-in at a very well respected Chevy/Honda/Kia/Volkswagon/Mitubishi dealership (commonwealth motors is a big deal). Think I should go for it? Is the price right?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You can get it cheaper. I paid under 18k for my '02 with 75k back in '07, hustle them down to $16k otd.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
listen to the front drivetrain while accelerating. if you hear any moaning noises....run away! if not, then buy it, but for less than they are asking...they are a bit high.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about the drivetrain. What would that morning be? Front diff. on it's way out? Also, the price I should be able to work with. I have checked 2003 Denali with the options this vehicle has with 70k miles and Kelly Blue Book and NADA guide are telling me $15k - $16k retail value.

I mainly just want to make sure the payments are like $300/month or lower.

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
I'd say you should be able to get it around the $15-$16 range before trade in. Looks like a clean ride. And yes the moan would be the front diff.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I gave the truck a real good once over, and it looks mint inside and out. Everything seems to work and work very well. Yeah if I can land this rig for like $13k-$14k after trade-in, that would be awesome.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I bought it.

I didn't get the price I was shooting for, BUT I got the monthly payments around where I'd like them so that's fine for me. I actually lucked out because I am keeping my '95 Tahoe as well 8)

I put down $800 on it just for the bank's sake and I'm financing $16,100. I'm happy with the purchase, but I can't pick it up until monday because I need new plates for it that won't be in until monday. So this is basically the longest weekend of my life... and you're supposed to enjoy weekends not wait for them to be over haha.

Anyway, I feel the markup is reasonably justified because the truck is mint, and they did go all through it 110% to make sure everything was in fine working order and all the mechanical parts were fine. All new brakes all around, a handful of new suspension components, tune up, lubricants all changed, big multipoint inspection all that jazz. My salesman showed me a pretty decent list of stuff they did and inspections that were performed.

I now feel elite.

OP
OP
General Stalin

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! Man... you get such a high when something like this happens. Like, I have wanted a GMT800 Yukon Denali for a while and always thought it would be so totally baller if I actually had one, but it was like one of those things where you think "yeah but it would never happen, dreams are cool."

Then it happens. It's so awesome, I almost can't believe it. I'm having a hard time fathoming that within the next 5 days I'll be rollin' down the street in a sharp, clean denali blasting tunes with my uber loud bose system with the moonroof open letting the summer air in.

So next question: anyone run this truck at the 1/4 mile? I'd like to know what people are running. Just judging from how the acceleration feels and the powerband it has I am figuring in the mid 16's is expected. Anyone have first-hand experience?

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
they run 15s at sea level stock. welcome to the family, you'll love your new truck I still remember when I bought mine :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTahoe