Lifted/Leveled 2021 - Postem Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With pullback from Westcott designs you’ll remove the black plate. 4 bolts. Serves no purpose. Installing their new thin plate, that pulls fender liner about 2” back. You’ll then need to trim the plastic piece about an 1”. I did it with a sawzall and then sanded the edges. Looks like nothing happened. Which is why I went with the nitto 34.37 over the 35s at 34.53. No trimming at the front needed. No step modification needed. Overall looks clean.
I ended up removing those black brackets behind the wheels too and shaved off some of the plastic molding from the side skirt and a lot from behind the front bumper for that added turning clearance. I also pulled back my liner, but even with all of that done, my wheels barely clear the fender liners... and that's with the 33's I have. The current plan is to slightly increase that area a couple of inches more so I can fit 35's. That might involve removing the end cap on my power step, even if I already slid them back to the rear two inches already.

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20% and I can’t remember what we did on the windshield. Trimming front and rear. The people from the shop that did it really jacked it up and looked like a little kid haircut that’s all gapped up. I was pissed mainly because they mangled the felt. But I was able to trim enough and make it look good and there is very minimal scrub.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's no different than any other custom offroad Yukon setup from past generations. I just chose to go with a larger rim size instead of balloon tires with small rims. So there's nothing shocking about it... Even the 2025 GM trucks will come standard with 24's.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to get some tires today, so I brought my spare rim with the Gladiator X-Comp (35×12.50r24) to test fit it for clearance. It looks amazing, but I'd have to do some minor adjustments for clearance behind the wheel. As you can see in the picture, it does rub but that's only when I make an extreme turning maneuver. During normal driving, there's no rubbing at all. I stuck with the RBP's because they perform well, and they offer them in a 35 instead of just the 33's, which look pretty small by comparison.

To be honest I really liked the super aggressive look of the Gladiators, but they're hard to acquire and the tread didn't seem as wide as the RBP's even with the exact same width. I'll ride these RBP's out for now, and revisit the Gladiators again for my next set of tires in a year or two.

20240504_114601.jpg20240504_114715.jpg20240504_115209.jpg20240504_115623.jpg

Last edited:

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished up with the fender mods and it wasn't as laborious as I thought. All it took was some metal pruning shears and a mallet. There'll be some minor rubbing on the power running board, but it doesn't interfere with the turning at all. Nor do I think it'll cause any loud rubbing noise. If I trim or cut any more, it'll mess with the integrity of the exterior panels. Overall I'm happy with the results, and I have enough clearance to switch to most 35" tire brands... even the aggressive looking Gladiators. So to those nay-sayers that didn't believe you can put a -76 offset wheel on the current generation Yukon, it can be done.

I don't have the street performance of the 33's going into turns, but i do have more height, with a tire that fills up the wheel well with a softer ride quality. Something my wife and kids will appreciate.

I think my next project will be to detail the undercarriage to its original luster.

20240505_102544.jpg20240505_102555.jpg20240505_102632.jpg20240505_102708.jpg20240505_103428.jpg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished up with the fender mods and it wasn't as laborious as I thought. All it took was some metal pruning shears and a mallet. There'll be some minor rubbing on the power running board, but it doesn't interfere with the turning at all. Nor do I think it'll cause any loud rubbing noise. If I trim or cut any more, it'll mess with the integrity of the exterior panels. Overall I'm happy with the results, and I have enough clearance to switch to most 35" tire brands... even the aggressive looking Gladiators. So to those nay-sayers that didn't believe you can put a -76 offset wheel on the current generation Yukon, it can be done.

I don't have the street performance of the 33's going into turns, but i do have more height, with a tire that fills up the wheel well with a softer ride quality. Something my wife and kids will appreciate.

I think my next project will be to detail the undercarriage to its original luster.

View attachment 427733View attachment 427734View attachment 427735View attachment 427736View attachment 427737

Im more of an off road, more tire less wheel kind of guy so dont really care for these setups. I often wonder how the hell they even get that shit mounted up let alone keep the tire beaded while driving. But anyway, props for doing what it takes to fit what you like and making it happen. Gotta have some kahunas to start cutting up an $80k rig.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im more of an off road, more tire less wheel kind of guy so dont really care for these setups. I often wonder how the hell they even get that shit mounted up let alone keep the tire beaded while driving. But anyway, props for doing what it takes to fit what you like and making it happen. Gotta have some kahunas to start cutting up an $80k rig.
This is literally the tires on my truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93