Need new remote / key fob for my 2016 Yukon Denali and rendering the old one useless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taylor11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to get a new remote for my 2016 Yukon Denali rendering the old one useless since one remote has been stolen by somebody I know, yet I can't prove it. I want a new remote for peace of mind.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Taylor11 Moved you here from 2021+section.
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

I got my remote at Car and Truck Remotes. 866 690 4308. I had the dealer program it as I was due for service anyway at the time.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you need it faster just go to any gm dealer or most locksmiths and either can sell you a replacement and re-program the new one and the existing one. thereby rendering the lost/stolen one usless.
if the stolen one has a key in it that is another issue, most of them do so you would need to rekey it as well

Rygrego

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Taylor11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

I got my remote at Car and Truck Remotes. 866 690 4308. I had the dealer program it as I was due for service anyway at the time.
I managed to find a YouTube video and reprogram it myself! It's really simple , a few step process and wait 10 minutes in between 3 steps. Only took me about 30 minutes!

OP
OP
T

Taylor11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami&NYC!

if you need it faster just go to any gm dealer or most locksmiths and either can sell you a replacement and re-program the new one and the existing one. thereby rendering the lost/stolen one usless.
if the stolen one has a key in it that is another issue, most of them do so you would need to rekey it as well
I managed to reprogram it myself and it was really simple! Quite interesting though , I had no clue that I could do it myself !
I found a YouTube video that clearly explained a few step process, and it took me about 33 minutes with 10 minutes between each step! And you're right I would have to get it rekeyed so they couldn't enter, but they will not be able to take my vehicle for now!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I managed to reprogram it myself and it was really simple! Quite interesting though , I had no clue that I could do it myself !
I found a YouTube video that clearly explained a few step process, and it took me about 33 minutes with 10 minutes between each step! And you're right I would have to get it rekeyed so they couldn't enter, but they will not be able to take my vehicle for now!!
There is a place to put the key in the center console. not sure if reprograming prevents that or not.

OP
OP
T

Taylor11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^ A locksmith will replace your fob and re-program your truck in about 15 minutes.
I found a YouTube video that clearly explained it and it took me about 33 minutes with 10 minutes between each step! And you're right I would have to get it rekeyed so they couldn't enter, but they will not be able to take it now!!

OP
OP
T

Taylor11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is a place to put the key in the center console. not sure if reprograming prevents that or not.
Yes in the middle console, that's the transmitter pocket, and it's part of the process to program the remote!!
That's the video that helped me, the comment section helped me realize how to do it when I already have one original remote. I had to initially start the process without the remote being close to the vehicle where it would be detected so I left it in the far corner of my house lol.
The alarm did go off but it ended up stopping. I don't know if it was because I went back in my house and got the remote that is stopped? Could have been a coincidence that it stopped!? IDK BECAUSE MY REMOTE DIDN'T WORK TO START THE VEHICLE, IT DIDN'T SEEM TO WORK AT ALL AND I WAS A LITTLE BIT FREAKED OUT!! but I just continued with the process in the video until I was finished!! And it worked!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BenK