New Hankook Dynapro ATMs Installed by Previous Owner - Should I Change My Tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobsaget

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The previous owner of the car I just bought (a 2015 yukon denali) put Hankook Dynapro ATMs on it. This is a really weird choice of tire for a daily driver, road trip SUV.

But I am trying to decide if its really good enough for now, or if spending $1,000 on some Defender LTX or Pirelli Scorpions would be SUCH an improvement that it could warrant the swap.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
I'd try out your current tires on different roads, especially highways, since that's where you really notice road noise and comfort. If the ride feels too bumpy or you hear a lot of noise, it might be worth getting tires designed for smoother rides on roads. But if they seem okay to you, I'd just stick with them until they wear out.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will depend on what you intended use of the truck is. If you are into a lot of off-roading, maybe the current tires are good for you. If you are driving primarily on pavement, I don't think that you can beat the Michelin Defenders.

As stated above by @Alessandrolomb , give the current tires a try and then make your decision.

Perhaps, as you asked, someone who currently has those tires will chime in with their opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito