Outer tie rod issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anybody had to replace their outer tie rods yet? the one on the passenger side busted... i think its because i had a non hub/wheel centric spacer on it.

The tie rods are inexpensive and easy to install, just wondering if anybody else has had this issue.

Attachments

• tierod.jpg
    tierod.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 27

erald01

Reaction score
I am just wondering what were the symptoms of the worn out tie rod?

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When installing my Leveling kit I did notice there was some play on the tie rods, so two weeks ago I replaced them with Moog tie rods before getting my alignment.
As for the symptoms one cant really tell but if you jack up the truck til the front wheels are off the ground and pull on the tires and you feel play then they are worn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think my lift kit caused it... but no symptoms... i just climbed under it to check everything out and say it.. i have the new parts and haven't even bothered putting them on yet... i'm sure i will soon

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But if my tie rods looked like that pic I would change it asap. Mine looked new when I changed them out there was just little play on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirkman91